I have a script already written for my football forum for phpBB - now that I've seen the light and am converting to Xenforo, I'd like it translated over for me, please?
It's one page only, has been written and very well annotated by one of the main phpBB authors, but of course the functions work differently, and as a total XF noob I wouldn't know where to start.
The basic premise is a player ratings system:
- Admin sets up a list of players to be used for a season – around 30 players
- Before each match, admin starts a thread with a match to list all players from above list who were involved in the game
- This produces a page where members rate each player out of 20 for every game
- Their ratings contribute toward averages for each player for the match and throughout the season, and a separate list of each member’s averages for each player (obviously throughout the season)
- Two separate outputs: one is a descending league table of average player ratings (actually it lists players’ “form” too, based on the last five ratings, but that’s no longer needed). The other is a list of each members’ individual averages for each player, linked to underneath their avatar.
I can provide the code and log-in details for anyone who wants to give it a look. If you're interested, either respond below or privately and I'll answer all questions.
Thanks for your time.