• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[PAID Addon] ragtek Link Pages in Navbar

Well, I had to watch the video 3 times to get what you were doing, but I finally did.
I like this add-on!

LOL! I turned my speakers up full blast, but realized you must not have used your microphone.

Will it be using sub-navigation in the future? That is when I will certainly look at it. XF doesn't have enough navigation space IMO to be creating a unique tab for each page, however; if one tab can be created for a master page, then hierarchy can be assigned as sub-nav links to that tab, that would be worth payment IMO.

Will it be using sub-navigation in the future? That is when I will certainly look at it. XF doesn't have enough navigation space IMO to be creating a unique tab for each page, however; if one tab can be created for a master page, then hierarchy can be assigned as sub-nav links to that tab, that would be worth payment IMO.
So you want to have a page NodeTree like

Page1
Page2
--Page3
--Page4
Page5

And if you select Page2,Page3,Page5 to be shown as tabs, the add-on should create 2 Tabs

Page2 | Page5
And Page2 & Page3 should be in the Submenu?

Using your example:

Page 1 - Tab
Page 2 - Tab
Page 3 - Sub Nav​
Page 4 - Sub Nav​
Page 5 - Tab

As stated, to be perfectly honest, the nav bar doesn't have the room to create tabs on tabs, not with other modifications installed. I could use this by doing:

Main Page Tab
Every other page I create would be a sub-nav of this page, ie. the first page would be like a menu.​

This allows a good 7 - 10 pages, depending on page name length that shows as link, to now all be under one page nav tab that acts as a menu, and maybe contains some info.

ragtek, this is great! A little suggestion...the avatar in comments should be resized. Like the comments on blogs or the Media addon, are 50X50 or smaller.

ragtek, this is great! A little suggestion...the avatar in comments should be resized. Like the comments on blogs or the Media addon, are 50X50 or smaller.
I can't.

I don't want to use a own "comment container", i'm using xenforos message template for this, where i can manipulate everything, only the avatarsize can't be edited:D
Maybe in an feature release if they implement a way for this
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/template-hooks.7909/page-5#post-217155

Xenforo Pages are very limited.
  • Can't edit outside the AdminCP.
  • Pages don't show up in What's New.
  • Comments don't bump up Pages in What's New.
  • Pages don't use BBcode.

Would it be hard to ...
* modify a Thread to be a Page + Comments (First Post = Page, following posts = Comments).
* the threads would belong to a hidden forum. (some would want it not hidden).
* make the First Post look like a Page, and style the comments to look like comments (not full posts).
* The Page + Comments appear under a Tab, they are editable outside the AdminCP.
* use BBcode,
* have the Pages appear in What's New

Xenforo Pages are very limited.
  • Can't edit outside the AdminCP.
  • Pages don't show up in What's New.
  • Comments don't bump up Pages in What's New.
  • Pages don't use BBcode.
Would it be hard to ...
* modify a Thread to be a Page + Comments (First Post = Page, following posts = Comments).
* the threads would belong to a hidden forum. (some would want it not hidden).
As discussed in several other threads, i'm against this.

Thread are threads and not articles,cms pages,etc....

We have plans to use the BB Editor for the pages + to make the page content also searchable

The what's new feature in xenforo "sucks" :(
It's only quering threads and not ALL content types (I've made a suggestions to include everything) or to change the text of the navbar button

Top Bottom