Add-on [PAID 5$] Fast registration

Markos

I mean to have a box in the home with you can register inserting only username, e-mail, and password.

Here an example (see the "Registrazione veloce" box).

I have this box on various hosted forums and i can guarantee that this increase the registration rate by a minimum of 30%.

I could do this. However, I would want to be able to release it as a paid add-on afterwards. Would that be OK?

Wouldn't this defeat the anti-spambot registration timer? Would a honeypot still work? How significant do you think the effect would be what with all the other anti-spam features currently available.

Can this be created as a WF Widget which would allow us to put it anywhere we like?

For me, it's important to have it on top of forums, and under the thread view. WF Widget support would be a great bonus.

I could do this. However, I would want to be able to release it as a paid add-on afterwards. Would that be OK?

It's okay for me, @Liam W.

Wouldn't this defeat the anti-spambot registration timer? Would a honeypot still work? How significant do you think the effect would be what with all the other anti-spam features currently available.

Good point...in the forum hosting that i linked i see very rarely spam posts. I think that you could create other anti-spam systems (example blocking countries, stopforumspam integration etc.).

I have this box on various hosted forums and i can guarantee that this increase the registration rate by a minimum of 30%.

Markos - any indication whether the members using quick registration are similar to those who register via the conventional method in terms of post quality and quantity, likelihood of spamming/trolling, etc.?

Markos - any indication whether the members using quick registration are similar to those who register via the conventional method in terms of post quality and quantity, likelihood of spamming/trolling, etc.?

I haven't noticed any particular difference, but i have no system to determine what form my users have used...but i'm pretty sure that if you have the fast registration enabled, the vast majority of users will use it. I haven't noticed any increase in spammers/troll users around the years...

My idea is this: see the majority of social networks, their registration form are very very short...just email, password and nickname and stop! You are registered. You can add the other fields in the future, but in the meantime you have gained a user.

Top Bottom