Pagenav Limit

Hi guys,

I'm probably missing something verrrry simple, but I can't find the answer offhand. The pagenavs (number of pages of threads at the bottom of a forum listing), can you edit it so it only goes back so many pages? For example, to have only the past year's worth of postings available for viewing?

I feel thick as, as I said, I'm probably missing something extremely obvious
confused.png

Cheers.

I don't think that functionality is available, and it probably wouldn't be without editing the queries to check for a datestamp.

The idea is that someone wants to view a full thread, and not have a cut-off point at X pages.

Of course, I could be in the same boat as you and missing something extremely obvious, however...
eek.png

I don't think that functionality is available, and it probably wouldn't be without editing the queries to check for a datestamp.

The idea is that someone wants to view a full thread, and not have a cut-off point at X pages.

Of course, I could be in the same boat as you and missing something extremely obvious, however... :eek:

I don't mean actual posts thread pages, I mean the list of threads from the main forum view. Say, for example, only show pages of threads from the last year.

Ah, I misunderstood.

I still don't think that's possible because the pagenav for forums is built the same way as threads. I guess the answer I'm trying to give you is "I don't think this is default functionality, feel free to suggest it"

Would it be possible to setup a job that moves threads from one forum to another that is set to not display publicly If a thread has not had a reply in a year? Is that even possible? I know it's random but it's kind of related.

Would it be possible to setup a job that moves threads from one forum to another that is set to not display publicly If a thread has not had a reply in a year? Is that even possible? I know it's random but it's kind of related.
Could be possible to create a new cron job I guess...

Not had an extensive look at the schema but you could probably set a cron query to run to check the datestamp of any threads older than 50 days in forums you specify then move them.

The only thing you have to consider is performance, so it'd probably be something that's only ran weekly at like 3am when everyone's asleep.

That could actually be very useful in a news section with subcatagories of "Current News & Events" and "Archives" that once a week moved all Current news to the archives....

I may have to figure out how to do this.

Top Bottom