PAGE_CONTAINER divs.

Ahteh

This has to do with a style, but I'm posting here since it really has to do with template editing in general.

Basically, looking at the Flexile style, the entire page below the navigation bar is one color, and the background isn't showing at all. In the default style however, the background is visible to the sides of the navigation bar, and the main content area (like the white color on this forum for instance) is cut off at the edges of the navigation bar.

So, how do I edit this? I've tried to mess around with the PAGE_CONTAINER template, but can't really pin-point what I need to get at.

Cheers.

I would suggest you'd be better off asking in the Flexile thread as that is quite a heavily modified style.

Or is it the default style you're trying to change?

I think you want a transparent content background:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Color Palette -> @contentBackground

Set a transparent @contentBackground (remove the value):

Screen shot 2011-02-07 at 9.51.56 AM.webp

When this is transparent then the @pageBackground will become the entire background below the navbar.

That's not really want I want tho, I still want the content box, just want to limit it's width.

@Brogan, yeah, I have, but the developer is busy with stuff and I figured I might get some general advice over here.

I still want the content box, just want to limit it's width.

The page width is controlled by this style property:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> General -> Page Width Controller

To specify a fixed width you can use this in the Miscellaneous box:

Code:
width: 780px;
margin: auto;

That's how you'd do it with the default style, sure ^^ But with flexile the content patch seems to be covering up the entire page, no matter the actual page width.

I realise this is a question related to a specific style, but I'm rather desperate for advice.

Top Bottom