1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Page Number Chooser / Go To Page

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Shadow, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Shadow

Shadow Member

I'd love a "go to page", which you enter a page number, and it'll take you to it.

Alien likes this.
  2. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

It already does after a certain number of pages.

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

As much as I love the scroll, I realized when playing with the 56 page test thread that it becomes tedious to jump to page 16. I think we might need to be able to fill in a field to jump to a particular page.

4. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

I disagree - anyone that desperate to get to a particular page could just edit the URL or click a few times. I don't think I have ever used the 'goto page' feature on any forum.

How often do you need to go to a particular page anyway?

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Actually since there is no "Search within thread" function currently, I imagine I will be using it quite a bit.

6. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

I'm sure this will be added eventually, its probably not a priority.

7. Alexander

Alexander Member

A go to page is really needed I think. Yes the animation is nice, but with tons of threads and posts it would just be annoying for the user.

ragtek, Brandon_R and Darkimmortal like this.
  8. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Ah i think the last thing this suggestion came up, i said it won't be needed because i was actually thinking about the Thread page alone, but now after considering the other aspects of the forum i think it might be needed for forums pages with 1000's of pages of threads and usercp pages with 1000's of pages of alerts and watched threads etc.

ragtek and Darkimmortal like this.
  9. Alexander

Alexander Member

Exactly.

10. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Pagenav feature only scrolls 5 pages at a time, if I have a thread with 2000 pages, and I'm wanting to reach page 1,000 but I'm starting from page 1, or the very last post on page 2000, it would take a very long time to get to the page I want to view. It would be much better if there was a feature where I'm able to input the thread page I'm wanting to view. or even the post, et voila I'm there...

Sorry if this is already a feature and I'm just not seeing it.

TrixieTang and Markos like this.
  11. erdem

erdem New Member

12. James

James Well-Known Member

For your example I would much rather just manipulate the URL but for the less tech-savvy I agree.

13. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Kier & Mike have already said this is planned.

14. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

Kier said it is coming soon.

Can we expect it in 1.2/1.3/1.5?