• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Page Number Chooser / Go To Page

ManagerJosh

As much as I love the scroll, I realized when playing with the 56 page test thread that it becomes tedious to jump to page 16. I think we might need to be able to fill in a field to jump to a particular page.

Luke F

I disagree - anyone that desperate to get to a particular page could just edit the URL or click a few times. I don't think I have ever used the 'goto page' feature on any forum.

How often do you need to go to a particular page anyway?

Ah i think the last thing this suggestion came up, i said it won't be needed because i was actually thinking about the Thread page alone, but now after considering the other aspects of the forum i think it might be needed for forums pages with 1000's of pages of threads and usercp pages with 1000's of pages of alerts and watched threads etc.

JVCode

Pagenav feature only scrolls 5 pages at a time, if I have a thread with 2000 pages, and I'm wanting to reach page 1,000 but I'm starting from page 1, or the very last post on page 2000, it would take a very long time to get to the page I want to view. It would be much better if there was a feature where I'm able to input the thread page I'm wanting to view. or even the post, et voila I'm there...

Sorry if this is already a feature and I'm just not seeing it.

James

Pagenav feature only scrolls 5 pages at a time, if I have a thread with 2000 pages, and I'm wanting to reach page 1,000 but I'm starting from page 1, or the very last post on page 2000, it would take a very long time to get to the page I want to view. It would be much better if there was a feature where I'm able to input the thread page I'm wanting to view. or even the post, et voila I'm there...

Sorry if this is already a feature and I'm just not seeing it.
For your example I would much rather just manipulate the URL but for the less tech-savvy I agree.