1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Page Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Brendon Meynell, May 8, 2012.

1. Brendon Meynell

Brendon Meynell Active Member

Hey All,
    I do hope that this message finds you all well. I have installed the Nodes as Tabs add-on and am trying to create my information pages for my website.

However I seem to get stuck for example I have my:
    2012 Championship link that appears - I am attempting to make that a drop-down menu with Point Standings, Results, Rounds, Drivers pages as clickable options.

But when I try I get 2012 Championship navbar link, and right next to it the Point Standings navbar link.

I have tried many different options but that is all I am getting.

Can someone please try and walk me through what I need to do to get the pages listed above as part of my 2012 Championship drop down?

2. Brendon Meynell

Never mind I added XenFans - Extra Tabs addon and have this fixed.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is Point Standings a child node of Championship? If so then you need to edit the Championship node, make it a tab, enable child links, and enable the popup menu. These are all checkbox options when editing the node. Actually you want exactly the same settings as shown in the example image:

http://xenforo.com/community/attachments/screen-shot-2012-05-02-at-7-47-18-pm-png.29097/

Don't enable any tab options for Point Standings itself. You only need to setup the parent (Championship) as a tab.

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That addon works too. But I don't think it supports tab selection. This may not matter to you.

5. Brendon Meynell

Thanks for all the help Jake,
    And to Floris for creating the add-on that I used... I am trying different things just to understand this software some more.