[OzzModz] XFRM Discussion Thread Tweaks

[OzzModz] XFRM Discussion Thread Tweaks [Paid] 2.0.0

No permission to buy ($10.00)

Ozzy47

Ozzy47 submitted a new resource:

[OzzModz] XFRM Discussion Thread Tweaks - Useful improvements for resource manager and discussion threads

Useful improvements for resource manager and discussion threads

Features:

Read more about this resource...

Once upon a time ... when I have suggested this add-on, I thought that the attachments were not needed or could be done manually.
Meanwhile, I think it would be nice to have options like:

• copy all attachments
  • copy one attachment

I don't know if this is much work, maybe you want to add this some day.

This add-on is (for me) one of the best ideas I ever had; but we miss one small detail.

With the add-on we have a checkbox [create thread]; this checkbox/function should work together with the add-on [post as user];
at the moment it is needed to add a resource with unchecked [create thread]; then click [add thread for resource] to have the thread done with the same user you have created the resource.

Maybe here is the wrong position for that? Maybe not, but to make the things complete, it should be an option or function to create the thread for a resource as the user u use with [post as user].

I hope you can understand my English. If not:

install "post as user"
install "discussion tweak ..."

then login as userA and create a resource as userB with checked [create thread];
result:

• resource owned by userB
  • thread owned by userA

solution now:

login as userA and create a resource as userB with unchecked [create thread];
now use button to create thread.

solution wished: Just add resource as userB and also have the thread done as userB.

-------------------------
It would be also nice to have an option where to jump after [create a thread].
In my case i always have to check the thread done by the add-on, means I need one more click to reach the thread, and this sometimes hundred times a week.

Last edited:
More ideas for this awesome add-on:

- copy the resource icon as attached image to the thread/first post (with option or form check) attached thumb/full/not attached.

I am lazy and will try it tomorrow:

1. Add a resource
2. Add thread
3. Change resource
4. Renew thread

This was the idea of this addon.

But now do:

1. Add a resource
2. Add thread
2.1. add a picture to the first post of the thread
3. Change resource
4. Renew thread

What will happen with the attachment?
And do we want to control that? By options at all?
For every resource/thread?

I am not sure about, what I would prefer, but I have to decide myself, because I have started to add pictures to the first post.
I have to stop this now or be sure that the picture is not deleted.

Problem here: If the picture is attached, we need an additional regex.

Probably there are two problems:

1. Owner of resource and thread are not the same.
2. Owner is deleted.

I have not checked this in detail, but to solve, i pass both (resource and first post/thread) a new owner. Then the renewal works.

I made no deeper inspection, but it seems:

option: Create thread as resource author works when clicking the button,
but when have the normal auto thread it is done by visitor not by owner of resource?

Then we may could have another option: auto thread with owner of resource instead of visitor.

------------------
And maybe there is another case:

Online as admin, add resource as user "lala" => resource owned by lala, but auto thread done as admin.

Top Bottom