[OzzModz] XFOptimize - Minify, Preconnect & Preload [Deleted]

Does the preconnect feature also add dns-prefetch? Or does it auto tag all external with preconnect? Since not all third-party resources may want to be preconnected (non critical resources should rather be added with dns-prefetch to not impact loading of other important resources/CPU load).

Just wondering if the google one was added by XFO. Also, notice that some have www and some not. I thought the www was not supposed to be included. Youtube one was missing, so I added that one manually.

And it is supposed to be "fonts.googleapis.com", not having // before it? It adds my site URL before it in when I view the source code when not using // first, causing the url to "fail".
The dns prefetch one works.

CSS:
<link rel="preconnect" href="fonts.gstatic.com" />
<link rel="preconnect" href="fonts.googleapis.com" />
<link rel="preconnect" href="www.google.com" />
<link rel="preconnect" href="www.googletagmanager.com" />
<link rel="dns-prefetch" href="//www.google.com" />

<link rel="preconnect" data-from="global" href="youtube.com" />
Unsure if this feature works properly and optimally..

1) Bug: Checking my website to see if my images follows "good practise" and reveal errors, using RespImageLint.
There I noticed the following issues for ANY pages that has avatar images.
This is triggered by the XFO option "Use responsive avatars".
So the idea is well, but maybe not implemented correctly?

1675209510798.png

2) Can vendor-compiled.js not be "defered" by the Defer JS setting?

3) Cross issue that may connect to XenPorta Improvements addon. The auto preconnect feature preconnects all feature images in the XenPorta feature slider. Though it should only do this for the hero/front image. Loading all (f.ex 5 images) as preconnect will cause the page to load slower as it will prioritize loading lots of images that are not even displayed during the intial page load..

For others using the addon: Notice any effect of the "Swap attachments with thumbnails on mobile" on mobile?

I am waiting to buy this addon from Ozzy (owned it from Nulumia) once it is updated again.. Still in RC.

More issues.
Also unsure if the swap attachment feature works properly. Doesn't seem to get any positive outcome from speed tests on mobile.

Found out how to display country flags using this add-on: disable the setting below.

View attachment 280903
This is also bugged on my style. See a few pages back with the discussion with Russ as well.

So I’ve decided to refund any purchases that were made to Snog’s. I can’t take over control 100% and then get stuck in the end again.

Anyone that has purchased this addon from me, on Snog’s site, send me a PM on Snog’s with the pertinent information and I’ll see if PayPal will let me issue a refund.

If they don’t, I’ll simply send you the money for the purchase back to you.

I took over the addons, we had a contract. He failed to keep his end. So the addons are now under his control again.

He has not had any activity for more than 60 days.

Enforce what ever consequences against him you feel is necessary, but I would not suggest doing anything illegal like reusing his code in a new addon or releasing new versions of his addon.

I took over the addons, we had a contract. He failed to keep his end. So the addons are now under his control again.

He has not had any activity for more than 60 days.
Has anyone asked him if he's willing to let someone take over the project or just assuming he won't? It's not like it was thousands of subscribers. Likely has no real value from an investment standpoint.

I would not suggest doing anything illegal like reusing his code in a new addon or releasing new versions of his addon.
Thanks for the advice, but unlike the developer, I operate my business ethically so I would never do this, especially for something like this which is "small potatoes" as they say in the south. Just like nobody is going to do something to him over 20 bucks, the same thing applies in reverse. It's an asset that is effectively worthless, especially to someone who already has wealth. Not sure why we went down that rabbit hole. I was asking "Has anyone even asked him if he's willing to let someone take over or just assuming"

Last edited:
Has anyone asked him if he's willing to let someone take over the project or just assuming he won't? It's not like it was thousands of subscribers. Likely has no real value from an investment standpoint.

I did take over the projects. We had an agreement that I would be the support side and he would continue development.

He decided to disappear and break the contract.

Had he not disappeared, the addons would still be supported.

Last edited:
I did take over the projects. We had an agreement that I would be the support side snd he would continue development.

He decided to disappear and break the contract.

Had he not disappeared, the addons would still be supported.
Has anyone even asked him if he's willing to let someone take over or just assuming he won't?
It's amazing how frequently these disappearing acts happen and often excuses are made for it. The SonnB was a big one who made the excuses for the XenGallery. He kept up the charade for a while before finally disappearing. I've been in the business since 1998 and this type of stuff has been going on for decades. In some countries they like to use excuses like they were hospitalized, a typhoon happened, the government shut down the internet, the excuse list goes on and on and on. All the stall tactics are the same type of fabricated stories.

Okay, we are going in circles. If you purchased the addon from Snog’s, send me a PC there for a refund.

If you purchased a license from Nulumia’s site, then I suggest you contact him via PC on here. Note that he hasn’t been active for over 60 days.

Top Bottom