[OzzModz] TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo

[OzzModz] TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo [Paid] 2.2.2

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hi @Ozzy47,
I created an API key on the TMDb site and I was going to buy this add-on, but a question is bothering me: do you think that the information imported from TMDb will be in French? TMDb offers a version of the site in French but I don't know if the imported data will be... How to be sure ?

Can you try those links on a live forum to see what happens ?
Many thanks.

I just tried on your site and unfortunately the data imported are in english... :(

You can change the language in the admin settings, not sure if it will work 100% though.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-11 000221.webp
    Screenshot 2022-05-11 000221.webp
    68.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2022-05-11 000315.webp
    Screenshot 2022-05-11 000315.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 16
Title, Tagline, Director, Runtime... are phrases from add-on or imported from TMDb ?
Phrases from addon.

Be careful if you're buying though, the links you provided above are for films and this is the TV thread starter addon - the structure is similar with both addons regarding language options etc but you don't want to buy the wrong addon (or maybe you plan on buying both) :X3:

Oh you're right ! :eek:
I was thinking this addon works for both... So i have to decided which one will be the more useful for my community.

Last edited:
@Gemma I see that you use both on your forum, which is the most active, the most appreciated by your community? I'm thinking of eventually using both but for now I have to settle for just buying one. Which would you recommend me?

@Gemma I see that you use both on your forum, which is the most active, the most appreciated by your community? I'm thinking of eventually using both but for now I have to settle for just buying one. Which would you recommend me?
Activity levels are quite similar on my site for TV and film discussions but you can do more with the TV addon like create forums to discuss individual TV shows and/or episodes or pull data to discuss individual episodes in a thread. On my old forum TV threads were definitely more active.

Screenshot 2022-05-11 155306.webp

All really depends on what you think your members may want to discuss more.

I have a two more questions:
  • what happens if an existing discussion is moved to a TMDb forum? Is it possible to import TMDb information there?
  • Can I use a TMDb forum with article version discussions?
Thanks.

Is there an option to require a comment to be entered when creating a new thread? At the moment I have folks creating new threads by just using the TMDB URL but are not entering any comments (Did they like the show? Not like the show? Have some opinion on it, any opinion?!) and I want to avoid that.

Ozzy47 updated TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo with a new update entry:

TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.2+ Update 2.2.0 Beta 6

danger GIF
Warning Sign GIF

Now That Ive got your attention:
This is a beta release, take a full backup before installing on a production site. Optimally try it out on a test site that is a replication of your live site before installing on the live site. It has had limited testing.

2.2.0 Beta 6:

This is a beta release, take a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @Ozzy47 i got an error during a clean new installation in XF2.2.12

Code:
XF\Db\InvalidQueryException: xf_snog_tv_person: MySQL statement prepare error [1101]: BLOB, TEXT, GEOMETRY or JSON column 'also_known_as' can't have a default value in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 198
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 41
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 56
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 96
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/Schema/AbstractDdl.php at line 158
XF\Db\Schema\AbstractDdl->apply() in src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php at line 191
XF\Db\SchemaManager->createTable() in src/addons/Snog/TV/Setup.php at line 27
Snog\TV\Setup->installStep1() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 62
Snog\TV\Setup->installStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 29
Snog\TV\Setup->install() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 419
XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2483
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Hi,

This morning, we discovered that 20 out of 22 episode threads in one season had completely disappeared. They were there two days ago but now they’re gone. The other two seasons of the show are fine.

I’ve checked mod action logs and there’s no sign that any of the mods have deleted the threads. I just updated your add on in the hope the threads would return but that didn’t help, either.

Very odd that only threads from that specific season went missing and that there’s no record of it on the mod logs. Even when the add-odd makes changes I can still see them in the logs under my admin username.

does anyone know what could possibly cause 20 threads to be deleted with no record of it in the moderator logs?

Unfortunately I’ve not seen anyone complain of threads or posts going missing without being in the mod log, but I’m not sure what would cause that.

In the two remaining episode threads in that season, even the edits we made to the posts are gone. They’ve reverted to the default posts that are fetched from TMDB. And even the edit history has “been removed”.

Is this something I need to take up with XenForo admins here? Just trying to figure out where the problem may lie. I didn’t even know it was possible to remove edit history!

C622A6B8-CF6E-44F2-8A0B-AD6D270F9030.jpeg

Also, when I try to restore edits on other episode threads it doesn’t let me and just keeps going back to the plain default thread starter. Do you know how I can add stuff to them again?

I don’t know, I’ve never seen behavior like this before, something strange is definitely going on.

We’ll have a look and see if it is from the addon, but I haven’t heard of anything like this before.

Top Bottom