[OzzModz] TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo

[OzzModz] TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo [Paid] 2.2.2

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Still not working with the rebuild, but it all works fine if I uninstall and reinstall. (URL portion and correct movie error phrases)

One thing is that if someone puts in a movie URL, they now correctly get the rror telling them what is wrong.

However if they just put in the movie ID number they get this:

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to string/binary [tv_image] in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 685

XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 572
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 502
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set() in src/addons/Snog/TV/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php at line 254
    Snog\TV\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionPostThread() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1879
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
    XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

BTW, will there be an addon or version that allows movies? Or is that against TMDB terms?

Really nice, I think this will help a lot with community side of my forum.

One thing though, it would be nice if you could just post the TV info, ie not have to put a message in the first post. I understand that is part of xenforo, but I wonder if there is any way round it as often you don't actually need to say anything in the fist post, just the TMDB info.

Still not working with the rebuild, but it all works fine if I uninstall and reinstall. (URL portion and correct movie error phrases)

One thing is that if someone puts in a movie URL, they now correctly get the rror telling them what is wrong.

However if they just put in the movie ID number they get this:

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to string/binary [tv_image] in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 685

XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 572
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 502
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set() in src/addons/Snog/TV/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php at line 254
    Snog\TV\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionPostThread() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1879
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
    XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

BTW, will there be an addon or version that allows movies? Or is that against TMDB terms?
A MOVIE ID or a TV ID?

The movie version was released before the TV version....
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tmdb-movie-thread-starter-for-xenforo-2-x.5655/

Really nice, I think this will help a lot with community side of my forum.

One thing though, it would be nice if you could just post the TV info, ie not have to put a message in the first post. I understand that is part of xenforo, but I wonder if there is any way round it as often you don't actually need to say anything in the fist post, just the TMDB info.

You already don't have to enter a message. Just put the link in the title and post it. That's how I test it most of the time...
tvshow.webp

Last edited:
You already don't have to enter a message. Just put the link in the title and post it. That's how I test it most of the time...

OK, that's odd, yesterday it asked me to put a message in, just tested again and all is fine as you say, no message needed.

A MOVIE ID or a TV ID?

Just a movie ID. A expected TV IDs are fine.

With a movie ID you'd expect it to be the same as with a movie URL, ie get the error message that you are trying to add a movie not a TV show.

Just a movie ID. A expected TV IDs are fine.

With a movie ID you'd expect it to be the same as with a movie URL, ie get the error message that you are trying to add a movie not a TV show.
The reason I asked is the data returned for a movie is totally different than the data returned by a TV show. That's why there are two separate add-ons.

I've never tried using a movie ID in the TV add-on or a TV id in the movie add-on. I'll do that today to see what is returned. It should be an error, but you never know. Especially if the movie ID exists as a TV show.

Just a small point:

A couple of my users were confused (me also at first) as this looks like 51 votes:

FirefoxScreenshot038.webp

It is working. There is a space there. I can't control what people THINK they see. ;)

No, very true.

I think part of the issue in this spefic case is that there is of 1 vote, but it says "1 votes" (plural) so that of course has an impact on the human brain that suggests that in spite of (albeit small) space, that 51 seems more likely than 1 and so subconsciously you are almost blind to the space.

The human brain can work in strange ways.

I like this plugin, before buying I need to know two things please.
From which sites we can fetch data/ information of movie or series???
And can media can be stream as well on forum such as talk shows, dramas etc?

I like this plugin, before buying I need to know two things please.
From which sites we can fetch data/ information of movie or series???
And can media can be stream as well on forum such as talk shows, dramas etc?
TV information is fetched from The Movie Database, it does not do movies. That is a separate add-on.

There is no streaming function in this add-on. It creates threads for your users to discuss the TV show.

TV information is fetched from The Movie Database, it does not do movies. That is a separate add-on.

There is no streaming function in this add-on. It creates threads for your users to discuss the TV show.
Thanks for the information, so it fetches date only from that website or we can fetch from more sites as well?

Snog updated TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.4

An update to the TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Upgrade problem when creating/importing to episode table
  • Fix - TV folder not being renamed on Windows servers
  • Fix - TV shows not saving properly due to XenPorta 2 redirecting in finalizeThreadCreate
  • Fix - TV season episodes not saving properly due to XenPorta 2 redirecting in finalizeThreadCreate...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Snog updated TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.5

An update to the TV Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Add - Missing trophy points option
  • Fix - Wrong phrase used in XenForo posts when editing TV show
NOTE: If you see the snog_tv_plot phrase in XenPorta, edit the TV show without making any changes and save it. That should correct the problem. If not, you may need to un-feature the thread and re-feature it.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom