OzzModz / Snog’s Addon Development Services

That’s fine but he shouldn’t be forcing me to give the full rights of the plug-in to you if I don’t wanted too
So, with the information @Ozzy47 shared... It sounds like the add-on would have had to be completely rewritten, and that Painbaker/Ozzy were trying to make it as affordable for you as possible while still doing the work and making a return?

So, with the information @Ozzy47 shared... It sounds like the add-on would have had to be completely rewritten, and that Painbaker/Ozzy were trying to make it as affordable for you as possible while still doing the work and making a return?

Yes, it would be easier to completely rewrite the addon than work with such garbage code.

It’s amazing how people get taken advantage of by vultures that stalk the development requests forum.

Yes but I already told @Ozzy47 i am willing to pay tons more money but they reject my add-on because I have ask for some features to be added

the only thing they did for me is fixing the add-on!

Yes but I already told @Ozzy47 i am willing to pay tons more money but they reject my add-on because I have ask for some features to be added

the only thing they did for me is fixing the add-on!
This is something you two need to work out, but the situation is not as clear cut as you tried to initially make it, and is something that should have been agreed upon before work started (which would be on both sides for not doing so).

Yeah, it was fixed, to work with what’s there.

In order to add features an fix it correctly, it would need a complete rewrite.

This is something you two need to work out, but the situation is not as clear cut as you tried to initially make it, and is something that should have been agreed upon before work started (which would be on both sides for not doing so).
I am going to leave it for now but I don’t think I will hiring @Ozzy47 for any custom development that’s including creating new add-ons or new features that’s I can’t keep any rights of the plug-in in the future!

I will probably will hiring him for fixing any bugs in the feature if he is willing to help me😎

That’s your right, I wish you the best of luck.

I do hope in the future you don’t hire coders that create addons with poor quality code like you have in the past, it’s not fair for you to pay for something that is not coded correctly.

I do hope in the future you don’t hire coders that create addons with poor quality code like you have in the past,
I didn’t know that’s was in very poor quality code when you did told me during that time. but I do know one thing there are some developers that’s will be changing you lot of money to bring in small tweak!

anyway that’s my bad for not looking into It feather

I know, people get taken advantage of constantly on here because they don’t know the actual value of what they are getting,

In the end, buyer beware.

I didn’t know that’s was in very poor quality code when you did told me during that time. but I do know one thing there are some developers that’s will be changing you lot of money to bring in small tweak!
...I hope you don't mean Painbaker/Ozzy... Every add-on I have financed from them is a fraction of what I would be charged elsewhere. Most of the developers I usually work with are between $35-100/hour...

This situation is not an easy one; refactoring a badly coded addon and then adding to it so as to not be incompatible with what you are currently running isn't as easy as just writing a new addon.

The sad reality is, if they were inclined, they could just write a similar addon without using any code or anything from your addon and call it a day 🤷‍♂️.

Can you please send your recommended?
Honestly... Just work things out with Ozzy/Painbaker.

The developers I usually work with have too much work, charge high amounts (warranted for the work) and usually have a price minimum or are selective in who they work with. I know at least one of them won't accept your work because of this post, because this is something you should have worked out privately rather than attempt to bring it publicly, which just leaves a bad taste in most people's mouths.

Honestly, keeping addons private generally is not really worth it, and you will actually get a better return by it being public as other people will finance features, or the developer is inclined to develop features separately. You also do not pay for bug fixes, which other developers will charge for on some custom addons. You could even discuss revenue share or something else, but I do not know if Ozzy does this or not.

Honestly... Just work things out with Ozzy/Painbaker.
I do know @Ozzy47 won’t let me keep the rights of any plugin so I would like to hired them in the future but @Ozzy47 won’t let me keeps the right so the plug-in
You also do not pay for bug fixes, which other developers will charge for on some custom addons.
There are many developers that’s doesn’t follow xenforo resources standards and the only developer that’s dose really great job is @Ozzy47 and @Painbaker but he is not willing to give me the rights of the plugin even if I paid higher😎

It's so refreshing to have reasonable quotes for custom work, and to have it done to a decent standard.

@Painbaker did some development on adding carousels to the 'Thread Starter' add-ons for me, and even took any feedback on board. Communications were prompt and courteous throughout.

I'll be enquiring about further works with OzzModz in future, thank you guys!

I have released my experience working with and commissioning OzzMods in my forum presentation thread. Here is an excerpt:

Many users on this same forum have had problems buying services from third-party developers. For that matter, not having the ability to evaluate the quality of the code they were then going to install on their forum.

This addon meets ALL the standards of Xenforo. And it has been checked by two of our in-house developers. I have in the past had a VERY bad experience buying services on this same platform (and to my way of seeing it, little to nothing was done to fix the problem).

Were bugs present? Yes. They were fixed in a timely manner. The experience was very positive. And Ozzy and Painbaker always responded in a kind and professional manner, and even some changes (some quite significant) were made after the addon was finished.

This addon is so well written that it was possible for our internal developers to write an addon that extends its functionality.

I hope to work together with you again in the future.

Top Bottom