[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations

[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I actually had my first spammer happen last night, from China. Actually posted a spam message, but it was a human being. In a matter of four minutes, the person used 9 different IP addresses. I don't fault the Spaminator, because it wasn't an automated registration attempt (as far as I can tell).

In 2.5 weeks, I'm at 2,914 attempts foiled, as of right now.
same here, it happened a couple of times in the last weeks.

Screenshot 2019-11-03 at 07.50.40.webp
It uses the same nickname + a number:
Screenshot 2019-11-03 at 07.51.46.webp

Yes, human spammers are bound to get in. This is where individual sites need to tweak their spam prevention such as "Spam phrases" to catch them.

What exactly is the 'user agent' column in the log? It does not seem to show the bot reported user agent as far as I can tell. Every entry on my log has the exact same list of user agents as follows:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/68.0.3440.84 Safari/537.36

What exactly is the 'user agent' column in the log? It does not seem to show the bot reported user agent as far as I can tell. Every entry on my log has the exact same list of user agents as follows:
UA is normally just spoofed, by the bot program. Alternatively it CAN be the actual UA of the particular zombie computer being used by the program. We capture the UA as a diagnostic tool, really - for if there's an investigation of a false positive. False positives CAN happen with this, when it is in test mode. This is why we automatically turn test mode off after 5 minutes.

The UA you're posting means this is or is claiming to be a 64 bit Win10 computer using the Chrome 68 browser.

15,600 bot registrations stopped by this addon at three sites I either own or manage.
Plus
4,227 at Snog's
2,685 at OzzModz.

Gerry, you should update to latest version.
Hmm, when I log into the site, it's telling me I need to pay $30 again for the latest version. Weird. I think $60 for two versions of the same software so soon (1.1.0 vs. 1.1.1) is too much money to spend at this time.

Hmm, when I log into the site, it's telling me I need to pay $30 again for the latest version. Weird. I think $60 for two versions of the same software so soon (1.1.0 vs. 1.1.1) is too much money to spend at this time.

Go to, https://snogssite.com/resources/owned that is where your licenses are.

I was locked out of the site for too many attempts to sign in. So I'll pick it up when I get home tomorrow.

Code:
https://snogssite.com/resources/pwned
banana.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom