[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations

[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
So I installed the registration and contact us spaminator add ons a couple of years back. They've been working great as I've not had to worry about spam very much. It's been working so well, that I completely forgot how to view the logs. I'm in the ACP this morning trying to find them and apparently I'm blind, because I can't find them.

@Ozzy47 - are your spaminator mods compatible with PHP 8.0 (I'm considering upgrading my PHP and want to make sure I won't break anything)?

I tried this addon and it is perfect really the best decision I made when I purchased this addon.
I need this add on for (posting reply of guests), but you say that you are not accept addon requests for now, so I will waiting your free time to request it.
thank you very much

I tried this addon and it is perfect really the best decision I made when I purchased this addon.
I need this add on for (posting reply of guests), but you say that you are not accept addon requests for now, so I will waiting your free time to request it.
thank you very much
It's something we need to add. Easy to apply this to guest posting. We're very happy this product has helped you.

Just to be sure, if a registration attempt is all checkmarks in the Spaminator log, as opposed to there being at least one "X", that means it passed through Spaminator, right? I haven't seen an X in the log in quite some time, though admittedly I rarely check it.

I am also using Cloudflare Turnstile as a CAPTCHA alternative alongside this addon, and disabled this addon for a week or so and noticed no change in the frequency of spammers that are able to complete registration. Hmm.

Example log:
Spaminator_log.png
As you can see above, the "Captcha" field in the log seems to always have some spam link when I click the arrow to view that field, despite there always being a checkmark there. Not sure what that's supposed to be accomplishing as a result.

to be sure, if a registration attempt is all checkmarks in the Spaminator log, as opposed to there being at least one "X", that means it passed through Spaminator, right
No. Everything in the Spaminator log is a stopped spambot. No account was created and the event was logged.

The "captcha" trap is often filled with nonsense or, the spam link the bot is trying to post.

No. Everything in the Spaminator log is a stopped spambot. No account was created and the event was logged.

The "captcha" trap is often filled with nonsense or, the spam link the bot is trying to post.
Ah, that's a relief.

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between checkmarks and "X"s, then? I definitely saw some "X"s back when I first installed this addon.

Ah, that's a relief.

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between checkmarks and "X"s, then? I definitely saw some "X"s back when I first installed this addon.
The X indicates that trap was not tripped.

Bot only needs to trip one of the many traps, to be denied registration. Most of the time even on big busy boards that have half a million log entries, every trap is tripped.

83,000 logged for you is impressive!

the "Captcha" field in the log seems to always have some spam link when I click the arrow to view that field, despite there always being a checkmark there. Not sure what that's supposed to be accomplishing as a result
To clarify, we felt it would be useful to include the bot's input into this field. That admins might pick up patterns from studying them. It's actually not really useful, other than just curiosity. But it's definitely coming from the bots and not our add-on.

Only just realized it could be interpreted as us, spamming you!

Only just realized it could be interpreted as us, spamming you!
My confusion was that it had a checkmark with that input, which I was incorrectly interpreting as being a "pass" for that field. :)

I guess we've just had a dumber crop of bots visiting our forums lately, considering they now basically all seem to fail every field. Odd since there used to be some mixed passes and fails, but I'll take it.

Any reason why this plugin can't run alongside this one?

Thanks.

This plugin seems more about stopping bots while Xon's seems more about stopping human users breaking rules. Both affect the registration process, so I wondering if they might conflict.

Top Bottom