[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations

[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
They've probably cracked this add-on.
If so we should see this all start to happen on many sites where this addon is active. We have contingencies for this.

It would be difficult to customize XRumer for this but with some heavy modification it could be done. Tool would be worthless on other sites though, and also skipping other custom fields it might encounter will cause rejections. So I suppose it is remotely possible a human botnet admin customized his XRumer for your site, but I find that highly unlikely. If done this way, it's human intervention not automation.
They are also found spamming other gaming forums with the same identical posts/threads
Not at all unusual. They preload the actual spam messages.

What about this?

About an hour ago, I added those two countries on CloudFlare's firewall and challenging them with a captcha. They've stopped. The captcha is continuing to be issued. Only two have been solved. But since this, I haven't had any more spams.

Of course, I will continue to use this and continue to monitor the registrations. But if I don't hear or see anything from them in the next few days to a week, then it's definitely an automated bot. They've probably cracked this add-on.

Why has this worked then? If they were humans, they'd be able to complete the captcha. But haven't been able to since.

Anyway, to avoid going back and forth. Whats the best way forward now?

CF is doing more than just throwing up captchas. In that mode it is analyzing the attempts in other ways as well and rejecting accordingly.

Allow myself or Ozzy ACP access so we can look over the setup.

I've tested how the captcha works. It's really just a captcha.

I'd like giving access to be the last resort. I can send screenshots of the setup? What setup are we talking about here though? There's not much options with this add-on.

What setup are we talking about here though?
We check operation of the addon across all styles installed, and do some other related checks. We make sure there's not some conflict somewhere, among other things. BUT...

I haven't had any more spams.
Then you don't have any more problems. If the addon is working then you've found a way to stop whatever individual attack this might be.
I've tested how the captcha works. It's really just a captcha.
So, you've gone to it as one of the spammers, with same IP same everything.

It's more than just a captcha.

Then you don't have any more problems. If the addon is working then you've found a way to stop whatever individual attack this might be.

This still doesn't necessarily mean the add-on is working or fixed. This just means, I took other necessary steps to stop it.

So, you've gone to it as one of the spammers, with same IP same everything.

It's more than just a captcha.

Or I'm a human and they're really a bot?

This still doesn't necessarily mean the add-on is working
If it is presenting the false fields and checkboxes, and if it is rejecting and logging failed attempts, it is working.
Or I'm a human and they're really a bot?
You don't know that the spammer you're dealing with ever sees the captcha, or is blocked outright by CF with the escalated protocol you put on it. You have no way of knowing exactly what CF is presenting it with, visible or not visible.

Since enabling this captcha, has the addon recorded any more blocks of spam attempts?

The captcha was enabled for two countries. So other spam attempts are still being recorded with this add-on.

However, they've only just started spamming me again. So actually, that didn't solve it.

If it is presenting the false fields and checkboxes, and if it is rejecting and logging failed attempts, it is working.

You don't know that the spammer you're dealing with ever sees the captcha, or is blocked outright by CF with the escalated protocol you put on it. You have no way of knowing exactly what CF is presenting it with, visible or not visible.
The add-on is working but it's somewhat "broken", as in, it's been crack by a bot that seems to be going through the system. That's what I meant by it.

The captcha was enabled for two countries. So other spam attempts are still being recorded with this add-on.
You're still getting NEW logging? He asked about the captcha to make sure the CF situation isn't now bypassing your registration form entirely, for those two countries. Might want to look also, are these IP addresses showing up in your spaminator log at all?

You're still getting NEW logging? He asked about the captcha to make sure the CF situation isn't now bypassing your registration form entirely, for those two countries. Might want to look also, are these IP addresses showing up in your spaminator log at all?
No, the IP addresses are not showing for those two countries.

it's somewhat "broken", as in, it's been crack by a bot
That's your assumption. It's not proven. What proves it is when we see this happening on multiple spaminator sites. You won't let us check it out properly, instead you just want to be Chicken Little and/or the boy with his finger in the dyke.

Meanwhile there's no reason for panic, you're not getting any spam actually posted. So, would be nice of you to let us diagnose the addon.

You want me to give admin access to someone who talks unprofessionally to his customers like this? Really?
It's not unprofessional. It's analogous. I don't want you to do anything. But if you want this addon checked out properly, unfortunately admin access is the only way to professionally do it.

Top Bottom