[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations

[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Stop Spam Bot Registrations [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
--------OZZY--------
kinggrin.gif

--------OZZY--------
kinggrin.gif

What if you disable the add-on and see what happens? Maybe you start trying it at night and come back again in the morning to check how many rats you got in the cage? That will really interest me.

Seems like my biggest problem lately is happening here again. I'm getting no confirmation emails when trying to register to buy this.

it's getting very frustrating @ozzy47 I know this is just one incident with you, but it's becoming a nuisance all around. Especially when you're trying to PAY for something

I also went back to the site and requested the email again and have not gotten it. I then went to my mail server and verified there has been nothing sent that bounced etc.

This add-on looks promising. I've been needing something like this. I'm getting too many bot registrations on my forum. Don't have the money now but will buy it more than likely after a while. Thanks for making this. Hearing good things about it.

This add-on looks promising. I've been needing something like this. I'm getting too many bot registrations on my forum. Don't have the money now but will buy it more than likely after a while. Thanks for making this. Hearing good things about it.
If you can :) Been trying all night to buy it but can't. I do agree that it's an interesting addon. With the XenForo 1.x I kept getting massive registrations with bots then they'd post ads. it was a real pain weeding them out

Last edited:
If you can :) Been trying all night to buy it but can't. I do agree that it's an interesting addon. With the XenForo 1.x I kept getting massive registrations with bots then they'd post ads. it was a real pain weeding them out

I'm not seeing any reason or was not sent. :unsure:

Anyway, I have approved your account. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I'm not seeing any reason or was not sent. :unsure:

Anyway, I have approved your account. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Thank you! I'll pick it up tonight. I had to shut down new members when I was running xen 1.5 because I couldn't g et control of the spambots.

I've likely got 500 of them registered, maybe more, but I can now use a query to dump them all and going forward have protection from them registering at all. Thanks!

@ozzy47 Just bought this add-on. Enjoy the $24. Money well spent from what I'm hearing. Bots have been hammering my site with junk so I'm glad I bought it. Appreciate you making this add-on :D

Yeah it definitely will. Even if it doesn't stop every single bot it doesn't matter because it will stop most of them. Thanks for responding

Hey @ozzy47, just wanted to let you know that your add-on is definitely working. So far in the 2 weeks since I bought it the add-on has blocked 166 bot registrations and not a single bot has signed up yet. Not even one.

1587724162200.webp

Just wanted to say thanks and I will leave a review now.

Hey @ozzy47, just wanted to let you know that your add-on is definitely working. So far in the 2 weeks since I bought it the add-on has blocked 166 bot registrations and not a single bot has signed up yet. Not even one.

View attachment 223240

Just wanted to say thanks and I will leave a review now.
166 of many, many to come.....

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 7.09.50 AM.jpg

OZZY:
man.gif

Would love to see a time/date stamp.

Also, I notice that a lot of the manual spam registration attempts that I've gotten in the past (and continue to get at the rate of about 1 per week) have the birthdate of Jan 1, 1990, and location of "New York". I'm wondering if there is an add-on that would reject any registration attempt if you can specify the variables at sign-up. I know these are semi-automated programs because of the consistency of the birthdate and place of registration. But obviously a human (and I can often tell this) is driving them, because they go in AFTER registration and add a spam URL to their profile.

I have an add-on that rejects registration attempts from certain countries (and it is very effective), but wondering I guess if this could be extended to include adjustments to reject specified values placed in certain fields.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom