[OzzModz] PWA: iOS Standalone Mode

[OzzModz] PWA: iOS Standalone Mode 2.0.0

No permission to download
So this allows iOS users to start receiving push alerts? Without waiting for XF to do something about it?

Installed and my iOS users report no change... So I'm stumped 😂
Same, nice that it's free but there are no instructions of any kind so the assumption is that it should just work? Tested on iOS 16.4 but get no push notifications on my iPhone, wondering if there are changes that need to be made there to accept them as well, couldn't find anything new for the push settings in the Safari app settings either. Still, it's good to see some progress being made here, feels like it's close.

Same, nice that it's free but there are no instructions of any kind so the assumption is that it should just work? Tested on iOS 16.4 but get no push notifications on my iPhone, wondering if there are changes that need to be made there to accept them as well, couldn't find anything new for the push settings in the Safari app settings either. Still, it's good to see some progress being made here, feels like it's close.
First, you need to add the website to your iPhone's home screen. Then open it and you'll get a notice for a push notification.

You have to remove the old PWA if you already had it, then re-add the website and enable push notifications in the PWA.

Hello all :)
did you encounter any bugs? I have 2 forums where it works fine. I have 1 or it doesn't work... Yet I have the notifications on MAC and the same version XF 2.2.9 .

Thanks for all..

Hello all :)
did you encounter any bugs? I have 2 forums where it works fine. I have 1 or it doesn't work... Yet I have the notifications on MAC and the same version XF 2.2.9 .

Thanks for all..
No bugs for me at all, appears to work as designed on my one forum. I'm on 2.2.9 as well.

Yeah, working great on my end as well. No badge icon from what I can see but that seems like more of a Safari issue than anything and it's not a deal breaker, notifications are key.
I don’t think it’s a Safari issue since it works with a favicon but not with a png image for the PWA on Home Screen

I don’t think it’s a Safari issue since it works with a favicon but not with a png image for the PWA on Home Screen
Actually, I removed and re-added the home page to my iPhone today because I changed out my favicon and now the badge is also appearing so it's all working at this point.

Actually, I removed and re-added the home page to my iPhone today because I changed out my favicon and now the badge is also appearing so it's all working at this point.
With a favicon image or png image configured in PWA settings?

Seems to work fine for me :)
Would you mind making a screenshot showing a countid number of notifications on the PWA image icon on the home screen?

It shows the badge notification icon on the PWA home screen only after you enter the app and the board recognizes you have a notification. It doesn't show it if the app is closed/you haven't entered it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom