[OzzModz] Hide Thread From Guests

[OzzModz] Hide Thread From Guests 2.0.0 Patch Level 3

No permission to download

Ozzy47

Ozzy47 submitted a new resource:

[OzzModz] Hide Thread From Guests - Allows to hide any threads from unregistered users

Requirements:
XenForo 2.2.0+

Commissioned by @El Porcharo

Description:
Allows to hide any threads from unregistered users

Features:

• Permission to hide threads
  • InlineMod support
  • Forum overview filters
  • ACP thread search criteria support
  • ACP batch actions support
  • Replacement for node list overview last thread info (guests will see only visible threads for them)

View attachment 261938

[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

I've been looking for something like this for a long time to hide individual topics in forums for guests! Thank you for that, of course also for offering it free of charge. 😀

I have one more question.
Are these topics also marked with "noindex" and removed from the sitemap, or not added at all?

@Painbaker , would it be possible for you to extend this with an option to exclude even specific usergroups? That way premium and paid usergroups could be promoted better, while for example exlcuding free usergroups "registered" or "trial" from seeing those threads all others are chatting about.

There's notice bar above the thread that reads 'This thread is hidden from guests'.
It shows up on everyone, how to display it only to admin?

There's notice bar above the thread that reads 'This thread is hidden from guests'.
It shows up on everyone, how to display it only to admin?
^^^Ditto. Same question / request. ^^^

So far, I've only been able to just delete the "phrase." So the text of the notice no longer shows up. But, an empty bar still appears at the top of such threads.

It says: "Replacement for node list overview last thread info (guests will see only visible threads for them)"

I have nodes visible for guests, and inside them threads that are hidden with this addon.

If one of the hidden threads has the latest post in the forum, it is shown to guests on the right side "last thread info".

The thread itself is not viewable and does not appear in the forum's thread list.

All as expected except that the "last thread info" of the hidden thread is visible to guests and is not supposed to be...

Last edited:
I have not installed it yet, lying with an ipad on my couch, but i guess this add-on adds a new field to xf_threads?

Sometimes i would like to have a bitfield for things like that, one field, one value, and one check if bit x ==1 to set a thread as hidden, wiki or whatever.

I like the idea of this add-on while we can discuss themes that google should not see, but i dont like the idea to add another field for so many threads just to hide a handful of them.

It says: "Replacement for node list overview last thread info (guests will see only visible threads for them)"

I have nodes visible for guests, and inside them threads that are hidden with this addon.

If one of the hidden threads has the latest post in the forum, it is shown to guests on the right side "last thread info".

The thread itself is not viewable and does not appear in the forum's thread list.

All as expected except that the "last thread info" of the hidden thread is visible to guests and is not supposed to be...
Can OzzModz answer this? No need to download if it doesn't fulfill the function it claims to have?

Can OzzModz answer this? No need to download if it doesn't fulfill the function it claims to have?
Way back in July that was, well before Ozzy acquired the add-on. He's probably not aware of it so good thing you quoted it.

The add-on though, couldn't be any more free than it is. Wouldn't hurt to download and install, and see if your experience matches the report. All kinds of stuff can interfere with add-ons including custom styles and yes, other add-ons.

It does function, this is a minor visibility issue, as only the title can be seen, but not the content of the thread.
Way back in July that was, well before Ozzy acquired the add-on. He's probably not aware of it so good thing you quoted it.

The add-on though, couldn't be any more free than it is. Wouldn't hurt to download and install, and see if your experience matches the report. All kinds of stuff can interfere with add-ons including custom styles and yes, other add-ons.
It would be good to have feedback from other users if they experience the same issue. If not, one could start to look what affects this apart from the add-on itself.

I have a problem. The admin account cannot use bb code, that line is completely blank but users can use bb code. What could be the reason?

What line is blank?
Sorry OzzModz, the fault was on me.

I ask another thing if it is possible that for example that in order to see that thread as a member the member must have been a member for a month and written 10 posts, is that possible?

Top Bottom