[OzzModz] Global User Ignore (Tachy Goes to Coventry)

[OzzModz] Global User Ignore (Tachy Goes to Coventry) 2.0.0 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
If they suddenly can't use reactions, isn't that a tipoff to the Tachy?
That's true, but before I apply any such action, the user receive a warning, that if an incident is repeated, their account may be restricted. This also means that posts can no longer be liked. That would fix that side of the problem.

On the other hand, normal users would be surprised if they are liked again and again, but never became a reply to their postings from such users. If a normal user then sends a request to a restricted user, there is an issue - to me.

So far I've solved the problem by manually moving the restricted user to an additional user group whose rights are all set to Transparent (Inherit), only the right to create likes and conversations is set to Never.

If changing these permissions for these users could be done by the add-on itself, it would be of great help to me because our moderators who are supposed to use the add-on cannot move users to another group.

I don't see how disallowing "global ignored" users from using the reactions would make any sense.. The idea of the module is the user itself will never realize everything he does is being hidden (unless he browses the board as a guest). So if you disable certain features for him, he will definitely know something is wrong with his account and the chance he creates another account is very likely.

Imho plenty of messages get reactions from users that don't respond to their message.

I'm using a similar add-on from another developer at the moment and it works like a charm for certain mega annoying trolls. Certainly looking to replace it with Ozzy's.
@Ozzy47 are there any options like enable/disable whether the posts go to the approval queue? Imho they never need to go to the queue but just remain unvisible.

The other devs addon also has the option to add ignored users for specific users only, so in the ACP when I go to a user, I can add certain ignored users. (so the user I am editing will no longer see anything of the name I specified.)

Thought I'd try asking again. I cannot find the permission for 2-way ignore for users. It's not under the General Moderator permissions... or anywhere else I can find. Please help! Thanks.

1652381724043.webp

Hi, a question on this, on the admin control, could a permission be added to limit who can view the Global User Ignored?
admin.php?global-user-ignored/
We have many mods & admins that can log into there and it's managed by specific admins. If a permission could be added or if it could be moved into the User Groups section instead, either would help.

Thanks

is it possible they are globally ignored without their posts going to the approval queue? Also turning on global ignore for a user only affects their posts in the future right?
Secondly, can I force 2-way ignore for certain users?

is it possible they are globally ignored without their posts going to the approval queue?
The posts from the ignored user are hidden away under a filter in the moderation queue. You have to enable the filter for their content to show up in the moderation queue. You also need this permission set to Yes otherwise you will not even see the filter: [OzzModz] Global User Ignore: View ignored users content.

Also turning on global ignore for a user only affects their posts in the future right?
All their current posts are hidden when you are logged in. It looks like they have disappeared from the forum.

Secondly, can I force 2-way ignore for certain users?
No, I don't see any options for this.

Awesome plugin!

However there's just a couple of issues I've noticed:

1. If the globally ignored member was the last poster in a thread before they were globally ignored, their name and avatar will show up as the last poster. This means the existing members will work out something's going on with that user and may start questioning it in the open forum. Hey why can I see "globally ignored user" as the last poster but I can't view their posts in the thread, have they blocked me?

2. When the globally ignored user posts in a thread, their post goes into the moderation queue which is great. However, they wont see their name and avatar show up as the last poster, so they will realise something is up. If we approve the ignored users posts, then the issues with point number 1 above arises. It's only a matter of time before they work out something is up.

The XF2 Ignore/Block Essentials' global ignore doesn't seem to cover posts when they're searched. OzzModz's does.
It also seems to be abandoned--no updates, no participation by the developer (to answer usage questions or fix bugs). Our staff wanted it for the full two-way blocking but having been burned by other developers who abandoned their add-ons (or pulled support out from under us), I'm not willing to spend money for something that could be dead by the time XF 2.3 comes along, and users have counted on it being there.

Just a subtle hint to @Ozzy47 it might be time to create a similar paid add-on or build on top of this one... 😉

I’ll build on top of free addons once all my obligations to the paid addons and custom work is completed, which seems an ongoing thing.

Would there possibly be any way for people who are globally ignored to be visible to one another?

We have a problem with a serial ban evader and sockpuppeter who appears to have sussed out that we've been globally ignoring their accounts, by simply logging into a second account and checking if they can see their posts. If we could short-circuit that by letting the accounts see each other, we might be able to get around this issue.

Top Bottom