[OzzModz] Global User Ignore (Tachy Goes to Coventry)

[OzzModz] Global User Ignore (Tachy Goes to Coventry) 2.0.0 Patch Level 3

No permission to download

Ozzy47

Ozzy47 submitted a new resource:

[OzzModz] Global User Ignore (Tachy Goes to Coventry) - Addon containing the most highly requested ignore/block features in XF2

About this addon
This works similar to vBulletin's "Tachy Goes to Coventry" feature that many of know and love. Now you can finally stop the moderators nightmares. Add unwanted users to the global ignore without letting them know about it.

Ignore Duration
Users can be placed on global ignore indefinitely or for a certain period of time. Ignore duration can be set globally from the add on settings, or it can set individually for each user. Posts and threads of globally...

Read more about this resource...

I’m asking for myself when Ozzy gonna be part of the XF Team.

Always bringing great and quality add-ons, without greedy, and features that should be officially on XF.

Thanks Ozzy. Great way to begin 2022. Is the most requested feature on my Forum.

Ozzy, quick question.

I'm in the process of installing/configuring the add-on on my Forum, but I'm missing to understand the permissions.

For the Moderators, they can 'shadow ban' some user for some time for all over the Forum with putting on the "Ignore Globally" option, right?

And for Users, they can 'block' some user, right?

In the permissions, we have only in general permissions:

Code:
[OzzModz] Global User Ignore: View ignored users content
[OzzModz] Global User Ignore: Add/edit global ignores

Sounds like if i give the user both of the permissions above, they will have "moderator" powers and i cannot find the 'block some user permission' to a normal user.

I'm configuring and understanding this right or I'm completely wrong?

And, another point: after installed the add-on, I'm getting this error on my Server Error Log:

InvalidArgumentException: First post (3384960) in thread 269195 could not be pinned src/XF/ThreadViewData.php:96
Generated by: Unknown account Jan 2, 2022 at 1:40 AM

Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(115): XF\ThreadViewData->pinFirstPost()
#1 src/addons/LiamW/MentionMiniAvatar/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(14): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(27): LiamW\MentionMiniAvatar\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/addons/XenAddons/AMS/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(11): MaZ\AMP\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/addons/TickTackk/SignatureOnce/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(31): XenAddons\AMS\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): TickTackk\SignatureOnce\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\AlertImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\AlertImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#9 src/XF/App.php(2345): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(512): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(50) "/threads/pq-deus-criou-a-imperfeicao.269195/page-3"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I don't know if this is caused by the add-on, but is showing up just after installed, showing a lot of conflict between other add-ons.

Last edited:
Hey Ozzy, sorry for annoy you again about this, I'm trying to not use the add-on because of my last post, but is so good in the description that is almost a shame not to use, lol.

Thanks man.

We’ll try to look into these soon. We’re a bit backed up at the moment.

Oh, no problem. I can imagine that, you are releasing add-ons like in a chain production industrial line.

If you need any help for your one-man army, let us know 👍🏻

Good luck Ozzy!

Thanks for the update Ozzy! Now is clearer to me the function of the "global ignore", a feature designed to moderation use, not by common users.

BTW, the 2-Way Ignore / Block is working? We have new permissions to common users to use this feature?

Would it be technically possible to enable certain nodes to be excluded from a global ignore?
i.e. Have the user ignored through most of the forums, but still be seen in one particular node?

Thinking of this mostly from the perspective of trying to make it so someone is less likely to notice the shadow-ban, since they'd still get some small level of interaction.

After a year getting used to XF from vB I was missing this useful feature.
As said above, this should be included in the main XenForo pack.

Another big thank you, @Ozzy47 👏

The weirdest thing……….. installing this mod removes both bots and guests from showing up in The Who’s Online page. I removed it, they came back.

Well done, like the good old Harvey :D

But the ignored user anyway will be shown in Users Online and @Xon 's User Activity.
The user can also "Like" posts...

If this can still be fixed, you should distribute this as a "paid" add-on. ;)

Top Bottom