[OzzModz] Email Validator: Usebouncer.com

[OzzModz] Email Validator: Usebouncer.com 2.0.2

No permission to download
When exactly does this check the email, only on registration?

Is it possible to run a check for existing users to check which emails would still be valid and if not, put them into the email bounced state?

When exactly does this check the email, only on registration?
Also when editing an email
Is it possible to run a check for existing users to check which emails would still be valid and if not, put them into the email bounced state?
I can add action to bulk user update tool

user_batch_update_confirm.webp

Or do you want it to run automatically? (if so, what criteria are used to check users?)

So think this has some kind of bug, with addon enabled I cannot modify some emails in ACP (to a valid email) consistently. Some throw an error that a valid email must be used. I manually validated the same email I was updating to with usebouncer.com and it passes. What gives? No errors in acp, just the popup, disabling the addon allows me to update this email address.

Also what happens to unknown/risky emails? I assume they will still be permitted? Log in ACP shows as unknown for this particular email addy, yet usebouncer shows as fully deliverable.

So think this has some kind of bug, with addon enabled I cannot modify some emails in ACP (to a valid email) consistently. Some throw an error that a valid email must be used. I manually validated the same email I was updating to with usebouncer.com and it passes. What gives? No errors in acp, just the popup, disabling the addon allows me to update this email address.

Also what happens to unknown/risky emails? I assume they will still be permitted?

@Painbaker will answer as soon as possible.

Actually this messed up quite a few profiles. Seems anything unknown or risky has bulk updated profiles to invalid. Picked up a lot of legit emails. Ouch

Yikes, can’t say I’ve heard of that before. I don’t personally use the addon so I wouldn’t know what the problem was.

So think this has some kind of bug, with addon enabled I cannot modify some emails in ACP (to a valid email) consistently.
I'll probably add a checkbox in there to skip the validation, but that's pretty hardcoded

I manually validated the same email I was updating to with usebouncer.com and it passes. Log in ACP shows as unknown for this particular email addy, yet usebouncer shows as fully deliverable.
How long ago was the check in the ACP log?
By default, results are cached for 30 days and will not be re-checked until the log entry is deleted.

Also what happens to unknown/risky emails? I assume they will still be permitted?

There is an option in the ADC to select which types will be permitted:

1710536862281.webp

I'll probably add a checkbox in there to skip the validation, but that's pretty hardcoded

How long ago was the check in the ACP log?
By default, results are cached for 30 days and will not be re-checked until the log entry is deleted.

There is an option in the ADC to select which types will be permitted:

View attachment 299723

The log entry was within minutes ie. The addon returned an unknown yet service shows email as perfectly valid. I assume it's maybe the api that's misbehaving here.

Definitely need option to disable or limit this on registration.

Top Bottom