[OzzModz] Auto Refresh Online

[OzzModz] Auto Refresh Online 2.0.0

No permission to download

Ozzy47

ozzy47 submitted a new resource:

[OzzModz] Auto Refresh Online - Auto refresh the online page.

Another mod brought to you by,
View attachment 201552

This small addon will automatically refresh your online page if it is open in a tab. This is something from back in the old days of forums, and I thought it would be nice to have it available on XenForo.

There are two settings for the addon.
1) Enable the addon. You can enable/disable the addon with this option.
2) Refresh Online frequency interval. You can set the frequency to refresh the page. 30...

Read more about this resource...

Tried this out, was specifically looking for live polling of alerts but it doesn't seem to accomodate...installed and tried with a test alert but it never loaded. Maybe this is for a different use case.

Tried this out, was specifically looking for live polling of alerts but it doesn't seem to accomodate...installed and tried with a test alert but it never loaded. Maybe this is for a different use case.

No, this only refreshes the current visitors page, The Who’s online one.

It auto refreshes the online page /online/.. Used only for that purpose.
i would love the same function that they use... for ads only which would boost my ads loads and earn...

let's say every visitor page view that refreshes more than 10 or more gives them chances to report more impressions @ozzy47 do something here

i would love the same function that they use... for ads only which would boost my ads loads and earn...

let's say every visitor page view that refreshes more than 10 or more gives them chances to report more impressions @ozzy47 do something here
Sorry to divert the thread but I am sure there is already an add-on for that somewhere.

I don’t run ads so it would be a bit difficult for me to do anything.
hey so you would set it to refresh the page after the 30s if a user is guest because having that to logged in would not work if a user is typing or writing a long post which would mess it up.. but your idea is great...

hey so you would set it to refresh the page after the 30s if a user is guest because having that to logged in would not work if a user is typing or writing a long post which would mess it up.. but your idea is great...
That sounds like the page refreshes and you can easily do that without an add-on. But that would be annoying for anybody. To avoid angry guests, you need to figure out a way to only refresh the ads and not the whole page.

That sounds like the page refreshes and you can easily do that without an add-on. But that would be annoying for anybody. To avoid angry guests, you need to figure out a way to only refresh the ads and not the whole page.

Exactly. Refreshing the whole page is a very bad idea.

hey @ozzy4 and @JoyFreak
I have these options
1.<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="30"/>
JavaScript:
setInterval(function(){
   window.location.reload(1);
}, 30000);

but in this case i would only like to target classes not the page

hey @ozzy4 and @JoyFreak
I have these options
1.<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="30"/>
JavaScript:
setInterval(function(){
   window.location.reload(1);
}, 30000);

but in this case i would only like to target classes not the page
Yeah you don't want that. You are refreshing the whole page and that wouldn't jel with your users. I have no interest in learning how to do it as I do not run ads on my website but try google it, that's where I find most of my information. GL

ozzy47 updated [OzzModz] Auto Refresh Online with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1

Upgrade Process:
It is strongly recommended to uninstall version 1.0.0, remove the folder Refreshonline from inside the OzzModz folder, then install the new version. It is not necessary to do this, but doing so will remove the unnecessary file, and stop any unexpected contents warning messages in your ACP.

Changed:
Cleaned up template modification html.

Added:
Nothing.

Removed:
Removed unnecessary Setup.php...

Thanks to @Snog for the suggestions. (y)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom