[OzzModz] Auto Refresh Forumhome

[OzzModz] Auto Refresh Forumhome 2.0.4

No permission to download
One other nit'noid feedback item, why not just use "seconds" instead of milliseconds? We developers need to remember to make it easy on our users. No need for a setting other than seconds IMHO.

I would think about it if it was a setting that you constantly changed, but it’s pretty self explanatory as it is.

I just did a test with the version prior to the logged on user requirement which is before the latest one...the test was what if the registration popup is open and the refresh timer hits? Yep, it closes the modal popup and will take the user out of the sign up form. FYI

Test by logging out and clicking Register and wait.

And I'm not sure where else that could become a problem, any modal dialogs could be killed.

And I'm not sure where else that could become a problem, any modal dialogs could be killed.

Which is a good reason to not enable this for guests. I'm not certain there is a way around that. But I'll look into it.

Which is a good reason to not enable this for guests. I'm not certain there is a way around that. But I'll look into it.
Agreed but based on the concern of any modal being affected and that I use AdSense I've decided to uninstall. I'll continue to watch and see how things progress.

Thanks!! now it looks great.

As an alternative to future problems, it may be possible you could also approach "the refresh" similar (in ajax) to how you do it in this other plugin: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ozzmodz-alerts-auto-refresh-ajax.8506/

I've been using it for quite some time and it reloads the alerts without having to refresh the entire page.
It is just an idea/suggestion mode in case it was easier for you to focus on it in the face of the refresh.

I am very happy with the result achieved, you are great @Ozzy47 ;)

Regards

Top Bottom