[oxy] News Portal [Paid] [Deleted]

Couple questions that I couldn't find any good answers for:

Where do I change the width of the article container to make the articles wider? The style properties options won't change anything.
How would I select multiple forums if the "selector" can only select one?

Couple questions that I couldn't find any good answers for:

Where do I change the width of the article container to make the articles wider? The style properties options won't change anything.
How would I select multiple forums if the "selector" can only select one?
. 1 - according oxy style properties still not active ... but you can modify in the template section oxy_news_portal.css / ** Article - article contains ** / where dice with: xx px

. 2 - you must check by holding down the key "CTRL" on your keyboard. going that way by checking various forums.

Thanks Gimono, that worked!

Now the next issue is the fact that new posts in the selected sections do not appear, even after clearing the cache.

Thanks Gimono, that worked!

Now the next issue is the fact that new posts in the selected sections do not appear, even after clearing the cache.

Only new threads will show, it will not show posts.

Unless you mean new threads are not showing?

It did appear to be a cache issue in the end, damn chrome should just clean it up when I tell it to.

/edit yes it should have said topics.

I will make it classes for likes,views, and replies so you may easily add the icons

It's not a widget yet but you can use widgets around it.

I'll add a column option. I never considered that before. It actually adjust to how much space is available on the page. The average person will see 3 boxes.

Grabbing attachments from the rest of the thread? I'm not sure I should have this implemented as a default option. Most people are using this as a news sort of add-on and so first post is the news item. Not that it's a bad idea, I just can't see a reason to grab other images. It could become a problem for some people.

Submitting thread to news portal is definitely a plan. We're already working on featured submissions so thread submissions would work the same way.
Any updates?

it is works for 1.3.1 version and any issue with other plugins, it isworks on default themes i see you using quark themes

Last edited:
it is works for 1.3.1 version and any issue with other plugins, it isworks on default themes i see you using quark themes

I will be upgrading my board later to 1.3.1, it works fine with 1.3.0 and I can't see any changes which would break this add-on. It works with the default theme and has its own style properties to control colours.

Is there any way to double this addon? Another words, lets say I wanted a second portal with the url "reviews" instead of "news" with a completely different set of forums to update from.

How would I go about doing that?

Hi @0xym0r0n,
I want to add your addon a sidebar. And In this sidebar I want to see forum list in a java menu.
So that your script will be like a wordpress page.

But I need little help for this.

I have added;

<xen:sidebar>
<xen:include template="quick_navigation_menu" />
</xen:sidebar>

But I can't see forum list on the side bar. It's not working. What must I do for it ?
Must I include more template for using quick_navigation_menu template ?

Thanks.

Hi @0xym0r0n,
I want to add your addon a sidebar. And In this sidebar I want to see forum list in a java menu.
So that your script will be like a wordpress page.

But I need little help for this.

I have added;

<xen:sidebar>
<xen:include template="quick_navigation_menu" />
</xen:sidebar>

But I can't see forum list on the side bar. It's not working. What must I do for it ?
Must I include more template for using quick_navigation_menu template ?

Thanks.

I think it might be easier to use something like bd Widget Framework, that will allow you to make any widgets you want (like a forum list) and add that as a sidebar anywhere on your site. You just need to use "oxy_news_portal" as the template location for the widgets to load on.

I think it might be easier to use something like bd Widget Framework, that will allow you to make any widgets you want (like a forum list) and add that as a sidebar anywhere on your site. You just need to use "oxy_news_portal" as the template location for the widgets to load on.
Thanks @alexp999,
I know that but I dont know how can I make a forum list by bd Widget Framework. I found this addon http://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-node-list-sidebar-render.2880/ for bd Widget Framework.
But I want to make my own javascript menu. So I must find the way of show forum list in the sidebar.
Thanks,

Do you have an estimate of when you'll integrate articles? I love the interface and thread promotion, but I would like to be able to write articles for the portal also.

Can I use this to divide it in half? Like maybe one node for News shows down the left side of my home page(portal), and my upcoming events show down the right side of my home page(portal)?

Just to let you all know that I have now stepped down from helping out with this add-on.

I do not have the time I had initially to put in to this, and I don't think it is fair to pretend to help maintain it when I'm not.

I'll hang around this discussion thread and help where I can as this is a great add-on, just other commitments need by attention at the moment.

I use bd widget framework currently and it works just fine. The template that needs to be included is "oxy_news_portal"
Sorry i really looked high and low for an answer but i just cant seem to find it.. But where do we include this template?

NM i figured it out.. I must have made a typo the first time i tried it..

Last edited:
Just to let you all know that I have now stepped down from helping out with this add-on.

I do not have the time I had initially to put in to this, and I don't think it is fair to pretend to help maintain it when I'm not.

I'll hang around this discussion thread and help where I can as this is a great add-on, just other commitments need by attention at the moment.
Thanks for your help in enhancing this addon to where it is now @alexp999. It is greatly appreciated. Now if only if we got the same level of support/development on this addon from the author @0xym0r0n ...

Top Bottom