XF 1.5 Overlay errors and js messages not working with safari 12

HWS

I am using Safari 12.0.1 at MacOX default settings with no extensions. The default XF style is used and neither listeners nor template modifications are enabled.

Using XF 1.5.22 with this setup the usual messages which slide down at the top of the screen (eg. "Upload completed successfully") do no longer show up. Also in case of problems the overlay with the error messages do not appear. All of them is reported as usual in the javascript console. But no error in the javascript console or the server log. This makes it almost impossible to for example upload avatars with Safari and provides a very bad UI for users.

Using Chrome or Firefox with the same setup does work as expected. It also worked with Safari last time I checked. Could it be an issue with Safari 12? How can this be solved?

Thanks for the quick response!

I tried at every XF 1.5 site I am aware of and none of them works with my Safari. Hm...
Tomorrow I can try it with another Mac/Safari. I'll report back.

Okay. It seems to be a problem with avatar upload only.

@Chris D
Can you confirm that you are able to upload a new avatar successfully with XF 1.5 and Safari 12 and see the "successful" message? Also, if you try to upload a picture with one side more than double the size of the other, does the error overlay appear as it should?

Top Bottom