Our Queen 👑 RIP

Brad P

This afternoon we lost our Queen Elizabeth II at the age of 96, RIP you was an amazing woman!
Screenshot_20220908-212349_Instagram.webp

Charles is finally King. I thought there for a while he would get skipped over and go straight to William. My family being from Scotland and the UK, this is a sad day indeed. Such history.

As the son of a nation that has been fighting the British for centuries, I say; death is a fact. I would follow the queen closely. I am sad.

Who would have thought in the same week The UK would have a new Prime Minister and a new King Of England, quite remarkable turn of events. Watching all the coverage on TV reminds me how fascinating all this really is and how America is truly fascinated on this fairy tale type of monarchy. I know America fought against such a British Monarchy and eventually broke away from it but proud to know that The UK and America stand in agreement and is the best ally America has.

As a Brit in the US I can confidently state that most Americans could not give a single **** about the UK.

Most of them can't name the countries which make it up and many have no clue what Europe is.
I suspect that even most younger Canadians are fairly ignorant of the UK and we share a monarch with them.

As a Brit in the US I can confidently state that most Americans could not give a single **** about the UK.

Most of them can't name the countries which make it up and many have no clue what Europe is.
They know what Europe is! It's what they do after drinking way too much!

I had seen a small experiment in the streets of a big American city where a journalist presented an upside down map of the USA to passers-by and most of them were not able to recognize their own country ! The only ones who passed the test were young schoolchildren... For most Americans Europe is a vast concept where France is a region and Rome a country...

Unfortunately you're correct Brogan, hell most Americans can't tell you who the vice president is.

Our government does though.

Also this could be some strange information but the Royals all had a pattern of dieing on 2s

King George III (her dad) died in 1952

Queen Elizabeth (the queen's mother) died in 2002

Princess Margaret (the queen's sister) died in 2002

Then our Queen died in 2022

You totally right, probably to much Tiktok, Instagram and crap from the Internet. People don't have time to read a page

Top Bottom