OTRS

TPerry

Anybody familiar with it. I just set up a VPS and FINALLY got it installed and configured. Planning on using it for the few clients I have to allow them to submit tickets that can be tracked easily for any work they need me to do. Price is right (free) and it looks to be a decent script.

Anybody familiar with it. I just set up a VPS and FINALLY got it installed and configured. Planning on using it for the few clients I have to allow them to submit tickets that can be tracked easily for any work they need me to do. Price is right (free) and it looks to be a decent script.
I have used it before. It's got a responsive design and very customizable. Not bad on resources and fairly easy to use.

What are you looking to know?

I have used it before. It's got a responsive design and very customizable. Not bad on resources and fairly easy to use.

What are you looking to know?
Basically reliable enough to waste my time with? I know they have an iPhone app available for it. There is also the ability to monitor Nagios and send alert/ticket on problem from what I understand? Currently setting up a domain to serve the site from (actually a WP index with link to the OTRS). Eventually will figure out how to pull some info from OTRS to relay on the front page.

Basically reliable enough to waste my time with? I know they have an iPhone app available for it. There is also the ability to monitor Nagios and send alert/ticket on problem from what I understand? Currently setting up a domain to serve the site from (actually a WP index with link to the OTRS). Eventually will figure out how to pull some info from OTRS to relay on the front page.
In my opinion, yes. It's not exactly "plug and play" as some other projects maybe (the last time I knew), but once you got it going and figured the ins and outs, you had a fairly workable system.

http://forums.otterhub.org/

^ That will be your best source for information.

In my opinion, yes. It's not exactly "plug and play" as some other projects maybe (the last time I knew), but once you got it going and figured the ins and outs, you had a fairly workable system.

http://forums.otterhub.org/

^ That will be your best source for information.
Yeah, found out about not being PNP. Took 3 installs of the OS before I got it right. Ended up just installing from their .GZ file instead of using the OTRS that is available in the Debian repositories (that one uses Postgresql). Got it up and running now and already had two clients using it.

Top Bottom