• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Other Usernames using same IP [Will Pay]

kingston

Have a button for admins (that is next to edit, ip...) that brings up a list of all usernames posting from the same ip address as the current post, and then having a link to a lost of those posts. This is a similar feature in phpBB and vB.

Will Pay. Please message me.

Request completed!

Are you aware that running the Spam Cleaner will show all users using the same IP address?

Does that work if users have a bunch of posts each?
I am still characterizing it, but noticed this option:

IP Check Date Limit

When checking for other users having used the same IP addresses as those logged for a spammer, this control limits the search to the last x days.

edit: I am not terribly sure it is working actually. I tried using the IP check on xf.com a while ago (B4?) and it timed out. In addition it seems to be timing out on my test forum which was a vb3.8 import.

You can change the criteria of the spam cleaner so it always shows; set it to 0 for everything.

This does work, but is an extra click and seems resource intensive? On the other boards I used to be able to click under a post and a list would quickly pop up.

And how hard would it be when you click 'IP' below the username and the pop up window comes up to make it so those IP addresses shown are clickable taking you to another site which maps the IP for you?

You can change the criteria of the spam cleaner so it always shows; set it to 0 for everything.
I am still characterizing it, but noticed this option:

IP Check Date Limit

When checking for other users having used the same IP addresses as those logged for a spammer, this control limits the search to the last x days.

edit: I am not terribly sure it is working actually. I tried using the IP check on xf.com a while ago (B4?) and it timed out. In addition it seems to be timing out on my test forum which was a vb3.8 import.

I know it is part of the core of the system, but it is not very quick or user friendly and fails on me more times than not. I would still like to issue a request to have this built. I do LOVE Xenforo, but the protection needed for a... let us say passionate forum is not there. I would gladly pay for this mod. Am I allowed to list amounts?

Of course.
You're free to request any add-on and any amount you wish to offer to developers :)

Yeah. We have a little bit of capital. I'm actually getting quite a bit nervous because our users are figuring out the safeguards we have had for a while aren't there anymore :(

Top Bottom