OS/Browser Display for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

@Snog

This doesn't recognize OS X El Capitain, can you add support please?
It recognizes OS X in all tests I run using these three user agent strings...
Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11) AppleWebKit/601.1.27 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.1 Safari/601.1.27
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11) AppleWebKit/601.1.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.1 Safari/601.1.32
Mozilla/5.0 (ipad; CPU OS X 10_11_1 like Mac OS X ) AppleWebKit/601.2.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Safari/601.2.4
The last one shows as iOS which would be correct since it's a tablet using the iPhone OS.

If you have a different user agent for El Capitan, please post it here and I'd be glad to check it.

Last edited:
It recognizes OS X in all tests I run using these three user agent strings...
Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11) AppleWebKit/601.1.27 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.1 Safari/601.1.27
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11) AppleWebKit/601.1.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.1 Safari/601.1.32
Mozilla/5.0 (ipad; CPU OS X 10_11_1 like Mac OS X ) AppleWebKit/601.2.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Safari/601.2.4
The last one shows as iOS which would be correct since it's a tablet using the iPhone OS.

If you have a different user agent for El Capitan, please post it here and I'd be glad to check it.
It doesn't recognize this at least for me:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0

It comes right up as OS X and Firefox 41 for me. Try posting on my site and see if it works there.

If it's coming up as 'Unknown' for you, you can also turn on 'Log Unknown OS/Browser User Agents' in the add-on options and send me the log file after you access your site.

It comes right up as OS X and Firefox 41 for me. Try posting on my site and see if it works there.

If it's coming up as 'Unknown' for you, you can also turn on 'Log Unknown OS/Browser User Agents' in the add-on options and send me the log file after you access your site.
Yes it does come up as OS X, but for Yosemite it came up as "OS X 10.10 Yosemite".

Now with El Capitain it only says "OS X".

Why not "OS X 10.11 El Capitain"?

Snog updated OS/Browser Display with a new update entry:

OS/Browser Display Update 1.0.11

An update to the OS/Browser Display system has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • New iPhone/iPad detections
  • Identify OS X El Capitan
  • Change data file to reduce size
NOTE: If your server is running a cache you may need to restart or reboot your server to make the changes effective immediately. If you experience errors after installing this update, either wait for your cache to catch...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Snog is it possible to detect if the user was using an adblocker when they made the post? If so definite buy from me.

Hello, I have purchased your add-on some time ago and have this theme:
https://www.audentio.com/shop/view/XenForo/xenith-52

It removed "Your Profile Page" from the dropdown and replaced it with a clear icon with messed up wording that's from your add-on when you hover over your profile icon on the navbar using Xenith theme.

This only happens when your browsing through a thread but every other page works fine with this addon.

pfyIoPB.png

Hello, I have purchased your add-on some time ago and have this theme:
https://www.audentio.com/shop/view/XenForo/xenith-52

It removed "Your Profile Page" from the dropdown and replaced it with a clear icon with messed up wording that's from your add-on when you hover over your profile icon on the navbar using Xenith theme.

This only happens when your browsing through a thread but every other page works fine with this addon.

pfyIoPB.png
Since I don't have that style, I would need access to your site to find out what is going on. The add-on does not touch the user dropdown box at all and works without a problem with the default XF style and Audentio's UIX styles.

Please send me a temporary admin user name and password to your site by PC.

I don't know if this had been asked before, but does user have the ability to hide os/browser info from general view? And of course admins may still bypass that.

Alrighty, thanks.
There were many entries in the Updates tab, so I didn't bother scrolling through it. And you didn't mention it in the Overview tab, so..

Top Bottom