Lack of interest Order posts by likes

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
In a forum, the threads should be listed by the number of likes (in the first post) ?
or
In a thread, the posts should be ordered by the number of likes in the post ?

In a forum, the threads should be listed by the number of likes (in the first post) ?
or
In a thread, the posts should be ordered by the number of likes in the post ?

The second one, posts ordered by the number of likes in the post. I think it will be very usefull in very large threads.

sniped..again
That wouldn't work on a normal thread as that would throw all the conversations out of order and probably context

It would make the thread unintelligible.
Not every thread needs to be a date-ordered conversation thread.

I hope xenforo shows some creativity around likes.
Think about tweaking Likes to work as a uservoice-like voting service.
Polls aren't designed to handle more complicated questions.
Sites like meneame.net and uservoice are popular for good reasons.

I'd like to bump this and get some more thoughts on it. I'm not suggesting this to be xenforo core though, I know this would be an add-on, just thought I'd bump it.

The 'like' feature is a great way to identify good/interesting posts and it seems a shame not to take advantage of this to deliver the best content to users. I works very well on sites like reddit.

Of course as @Brogan says, it may jumble the conversation so it doesn't make sense. But if you look at most threads, people are simply responding to the original post, so it's not necessary to order by time. In these situations, I think it would work very well to then order by 'likes' to put the best voted posts at the top, rather than having to read the whole convo to get the best content.

The only time I can see this being an issue is when people are quoting other posts - this becomes an issue as it is time sensitive. To solve this, if you used the comment feature (or similar) https://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-post-comments.2434/ then all quotes are simply added underneath the post, ordered by time posted (not 'likes').

I've been going through popular threads on my forum and re-ordering it in my head using this system and it seems to work very well and all makes sense.

In fact, it seems to be better than the current system as all the best posts are at the top and all the quotes are grouped directly under posts which keeps all related posts together. It also stops threads being derailed.

It's like the perfect blend between reddit and xenforo

Top Bottom