Lack of interest Option for no snippet on expanded articles

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Alternadiv

Setting snippet length to 0 displays the entire content, which is fine. But why not also have an option to not have a snippet at all? Without editing templates, you can kind of do it by setting the snippet length to 1 (screenshot), but to make it look proper, you'd need a little CSS.

1674684077551.webp

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You choose "Standard" view to show titles only. Zero snippet is not "expanded" by definition alone.
Good point, I should've been more specific.

Standard view has the cover images and the grid layout. Expanded view without a snippet looks like my screenshot, which standard view doesn't offer without CSS. But yes, zero snippet is not "expanded" by definition alone - oops.

Edit: I'm confused again. I'm tired. Still, though - standard view is something different than my screenshot.

Standard looks like a forum listing of titles and last post data but when you are in the thread you have the article display.

What you have above is a lot of white space so imo Standard is better. Not sure XF will offer 0 snippet but worth a shot, as you suggested.

Top Bottom