Lack of interest Option for no logo in summary activity to avoid it looking bad when no images loaded

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Mr Lucky

Most people I know of do not load images automatically because of spammers.

It does not look professional to have the site name surrounded by a border with no padding. The problem may just be in mac mail, but we should have the option of just having the regular Site name as with normal post notifications.

Summary Activity with no image loading:

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 15.01.20.webp

Normal notification email:

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 15.00.49.webp

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If the mail reader isn't loading images, it should still use the ALT tag on the img tag.
Some mail readers only allow usage of the base ALT tag, and ignore styled ALT tags - perhaps the issue here?

Kind of offtopic. Where is this image defined. I have updated the logo image in style property > group email but I continue to get xenforo logo in test mails. :confused:

Kind of offtopic. Where is this image defined. I have updated the logo image in style property > group email but I continue to get xenforo logo in test mails. :confused:

Appearance > Style properties > Emails > Email logo URL

But email clients are wonky as in the OP example, so I always try to avoid images in emails.

Appearance > Style properties > Emails > Email logo URL

My understanding is that if that field is empty, it is the main site (header) logo that is used.

The email logo field is to define a png logo for emails in case your site logo is svg which would not be compatible

Last edited:
turns out email template was set to parent template which is not supposed to be modified. took a bit of effort to discover this absurdity. and a lot of test mails!

Top Bottom