1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Optimize Database and Clear Error Logs, How To Do That in XF?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by bibitbunga, Jul 6, 2016.

1. bibitbunga

bibitbunga Member

Hi I am a customer of knownhost vps-5. Lately we have been suffering from mysql being killed over and over again, and their support said that the black sheep is our Xenforo board site: kebunpedia.com

Here is the latest comment from them:
    So basically they asked me to "flush out the error log in the site, or look into what errors are being logged, so that they can be addressed and will no longer be an issue?"

But I dont know how to do that. I dont understand. Please suggest me explanation please, on behalf of Xenforo's sidepoint.

Thank you
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Error log entries aren't going to be responsible for "killing mysql" but they may point to the cause.

Similarly, optimizing and pruning isn't going to make a different if MySQL is being forcibly shut down or restarted.

As a starting point, check the ACP and server error logs to see what is being logged.

Disabling add-ons and testing in a completely default style will help to rule out any third party code.
  3. bibitbunga

bibitbunga Member

Brogan, I just checked the server error logs and found out that plugin Endless Horizon debugs every minute. and lots of them. Do you think this may be the issue?

If it is, will just make it inactive work? Or do I need to delete the addon too?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I would suggest contacting the author of the add-on or posting in the resource thread for further support and troubleshooting.
    bibitbunga likes this.