XF 1.5 Optimize Database and Clear Error Logs, How To Do That in XF?

bibitbunga

Hi I am a customer of knownhost vps-5. Lately we have been suffering from mysql being killed over and over again, and their support said that the black sheep is our Xenforo board site: kebunpedia.com

Here is the latest comment from them:
Hi,

Thanks for your patience while I investigated. On top of the queries mentioned earlier, the kebunped_xf (Xenforo) database is quite
large -- for example XF's admin error log:
--
cP/vz53-wa/12631 root@67.222.12.217[/var/lib/mysql/kebunped_xf]# time mysql -BNe "select count(*) from kebunped_xf.xf_error_log;"
Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.

real 0m13.045s
user 0m0.006s
sys 0m0.003s
cP/vz53-wa/12631 root@67.222.12.217[/var/lib/mysql/kebunped_xf]# ll *error*
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 8.8K Jun 19 19:59 xf_error_log.frm
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 15G Jul 5 18:05 xf_error_log.ibd
--

I would have your developer look into ways to optimize your Xenforo databases, and possibly prune old data -- speaking of, you should
be able to clear out your error log in XF through the admin area (which /should/ help overall performance on your server.)

Do let me know how I can be of further assistance.

So basically they asked me to "flush out the error log in the site, or look into what errors are being logged, so that they can be addressed and will no longer be an issue?"

But I dont know how to do that. I dont understand. Please suggest me explanation please, on behalf of Xenforo's sidepoint.

Thank you

Error log entries aren't going to be responsible for "killing mysql" but they may point to the cause.

Similarly, optimizing and pruning isn't going to make a different if MySQL is being forcibly shut down or restarted.

As a starting point, check the ACP and server error logs to see what is being logged.

Disabling add-ons and testing in a completely default style will help to rule out any third party code.

Error log entries aren't going to be responsible for "killing mysql" but they may point to the cause.

Similarly, optimizing and pruning isn't going to make a different if MySQL is being forcibly shut down or restarted.

As a starting point, check the ACP and server error logs to see what is being logged.

Disabling add-ons and testing in a completely default style will help to rule out any third party code.
Brogan, I just checked the server error logs and found out that plugin Endless Horizon debugs every minute. and lots of them. Do you think this may be the issue?

https://i.snag.gy/rStvjE.jpg

If it is, will just make it inactive work? Or do I need to delete the addon too?

Top Bottom