1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Open / Close own threads?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Cheesegrits, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Cheesegrits

Cheesegrits Active Member

Is there a way to allow regular users to open/close their own threads?

There seems to be a couple of addons that address this, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something obvious before looking at those.

-- hugh

2. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

3. Cheesegrits

Cheesegrits Active Member

Yup, that's the one I found before posting. I was just hoping someone would pop up and say that this is planned for the next release of XF itself, as "Open / Close own threads" is a fairly common requirement for forums, and I try and avoid running addons that mess with core functionality where humanly possible.

Testing that addon now, though. Thanks.

-- hugh

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The suggestion is located here. You can add a like to vote for it. But until its moved to Implemented / Resolved Suggestions, you'll have to hope for it and look in the HYS forum for Mike/Kier to announce the addition.

Jon W likes this.
  5. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

"Lock / Unlock own thread" is a standard XenForo permission.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is Lock / Unlock threads, by this is applied globally to all threads. Locking & Unlocking of own threads is not a standard XenForo permission.

7. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

Ah, I see. It seems to be part of "User Essentials" by Syndol.