Not planned Only "if" on different page "show" full thumbnail in quotes

beerForo

So this is a "best of both worlds" suggestion. XF has it nice and tidy, and their solution gets rid of repetition where it is not needed. A link instead of an image. But what about where it is needed?

You're on page 66 and someone quoted something from page 3. You'd like to see the full image instead of clicking. This is not only good for those that jumped into the thread there, but those who read through, as a refresher. No one needs it on the same page, but all other pages would be great. Most of the quoting is going to happen directly after the post so it makes sense to keep repetition at bay. Even if the post is the last post of the page, and the quotes carry over, I would not consider that repetition, since there would be no reference image on that page the way it is now.

I've seen many people want this is the full capacity but I think they would agree with this. It keeps it tidy while adding reference at the same time. And perhaps XF can consider this as a compromise. Thanks

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Attachments are only rendered in the post they are uploaded to.

Whether it's the first page or subsequent pages makes no difference - only the link is available.

I think you misread. I am aware of the current behavior the suggestion is to change it to display in quotes but keep as link on the page it's originally on in quotes.

Last edited:
In hindsight it's probably not the best suggestion. But I will look for an add-on to show the image instead of link. If anyone knows...

Top Bottom