XF 2.2 Online/Offline Avatar Border Colouring

A while ago I stumbled onto this customization:

Screenshot from 2021-09-04 19-09-14.png

Instructions for how to achieve this were given here. However, I, and other people, couldn't get this to work. One person did, but didn't elaborate on how.

I suspect the instructions are mostly correct, BUT, the indenting in the provided code was incorrect.

As I understood it, part of the following section of code within 'message_macros' of a particular theme is meant to be modified/replaced:

<div class="message-avatar {{ ($xf.options.showMessageOnlineStatus && $user && $user.isOnline()) ? 'message-avatar--online' : '' }}"> <div class="message-avatar-wrapper"> <xf:avatar user="$user" size="m" defaultname="{$fallbackName}" itemprop="image" /> <xf:if is="$xf.options.showMessageOnlineStatus && $user && $user.isOnline()"> <span class="message-avatar-online" tabindex="0" data-xf-init="tooltip" data-trigger="auto" title="{{ phrase('online_now')|for_attr }}"></span> </xf:if> </div> </div>

It seems like it was this part that needed to be replaced:

<xf:if is="$xf.options.showMessageOnlineStatus && $user && $user.isOnline()"> <span class="message-avatar-online" tabindex="0" data-xf-init="tooltip" data-trigger="auto" title="{{ phrase('online_now')|for_attr }}"></span> </xf:if>

With something like this:

<xf:if is="$xf.options.showMessageOnlineStatus && $user && $user.isOnline()"> <div class="xgt-avatar2"> <div class="xgt-avatar-border2"> <xf:avatar user="$user" size="m" defaultname="{$fallbackName}" itemprop="image" /> </div> </div> <xf:else /> <div class="xgt-avatar"> <div class="xgt-avatar-border"> <xf:avatar user="$user" size="m" defaultname="{$fallbackName}" itemprop="image" /> </div> </div> </xf:if>

I tried different indenting of the above, but, it wouldn't let me save any of the changes. I presume that means that there was an error in there somewhere.

After that, they gave some code to add to extra.less, which I never tried adding, given that the above wasn't working.

Can anyone please help point out how to make this work?

Last edited:
Top Bottom