One Thing That Is Stopping Me From Buying Right Now...

Dante_B

Regardless of the dispute going between vB and xF, is the lack of mobile interaction. I've done some research and found there is an unofficial "mobile themes". My new community is targeting sneaker enthusiasts and 90% of my members depend on their mobile phones for communication. Mobile Themes are nice but does it have the functionality and capabilities to attach pictures from the phone to a new thread?

For Example:

An enthusiasts wants to sell a pair of shoes. At its convenience, the enthusiasts wants to take a picture on their mobile phone, easily create a new for sale thread and attach the photos. Is this possible?

I run a group of mobile forums. I have branded TapaTalk app and a responsive theme for mobile. That being said, it's extremely disappointing that we don't have a stock option. My competitors are running vBulletin and their mobile template is clean, slick. If that were available for XF, I'd switch from the third-party responsive theme in a heartbeat. If XF doesn't provide a mobile alternative in Q1, I will probably have reached my limit. There's so much good with XF, but I'd rather not rely on a third party for a critical piece of my forum software.

You want an alternative to Tapatalk ?

What about Arty making a responsive mobile theme ?

I have both of those. I want a XenForo created and maintained mobile theme that is as good as what I'm seeing on vBulletin. I own and use Arty's theme. It's quite good, but doesn't match my desktop theme (which is stock). I want to maintain one template, that if is responsive, would rival what's happening on vB.

I have both of those. I want a XenForo created and maintained mobile theme that is as good as what I'm seeing on vBulletin. I own and use Arty's theme. It's quite good, but doesn't match my desktop theme (which is stock). I want to maintain one template, that if is responsive, would rival what's happening on vB.
Check out Arty responsive addon.
You will have one theme to maintain which works on all devices.

Check out Arty responsive addon.
You will have one theme to maintain which works on all devices.

I saw that. Sounds like there is plenty of CSS work involved. Plus, I just spent $ on his responsive template. I think I'm in a XenForo holding pattern at this point. I love the software, but like many, the lack of development and communication is starting to wear on me. That being said, I've got this crazy idea inside my head that the guys are hard at work on XF 2.0 and we're all going to have our minds blown once this legal stuff is over. Maybe it's just my hopeful side. I've invested plenty in XF, both from a time and money standpoint. For the sake of users like myself, I expect them to come out swinging in 2013.

That being said, I've got this crazy idea inside my head that the guys are hard at work on XF 2.0 and we're all going to have our minds blown once this legal stuff is over. Maybe it's just my hopeful side.
99% chance of crazy. I love your attitude though ! :)

I've invested plenty in XF, both from a time and money standpoint. For the sake of users like myself, I expect them to come out swinging in 2013.
Better than chance than above.

For me, I'll never end up using vB again. I'd make my own software before I'd do that. The train wreck that is vB5 makes my position even easier. IPB never seems like a good option to me (Although I keep trying it). It always seems slow. I guess when you've dated the hot chick (XF, vB3) you aren't that keen to date her "not as hot" sister (even though she's not bad looking).

Pray for Xenforo.

=============
My most recent vB5 demo
(1) slow
(2) second click gave me an error. (It's like they aren't trying).
invalid.node.id.vB5demo.webp

99% chance of crazy. I love your attitude though ! :)

Better than chance than above.

For me, I'll never end up using vB again. I'd make my own software before I'd do that. The train wreck that is vB5 makes my position even easier. IPB never seems like a good option to me (Although I keep trying it). It always seems slow. I guess when you've dated the hot chick (XF, vB3) you aren't that keen to date her "not as hot" sister (even though she's not bad looking).

Pray for Xenforo.

=============
My most recent vB5 demo
(1) slow
(2) second click gave me an error. (It's like they aren't trying).
View attachment 37633

I just hate that we are even considering alternatives, but do agree with your assessment.

The younger (read: not married and without kids) version of me would equate my relationship with XenForo to having a hot girlfriend who is completely crazy. :p

ForumRunner is getting the same crappy treatment VB did. At present they have broken the Android app and neither IOS or Android will connect to my forum. I would never have bought FR if I would have known where it was going to end up. IB ruins everything they touch.

The younger (read: not married and without kids) version of me would equate my relationship with XenForo to having a hot girlfriend who is completely crazy. :p
heh.
Let's hope the new year brings some Lithium on the situation.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom