Implemented One global template for all those custom codes

Jeffin

You know when you use a third party widget or service that requires you to input one common global script in the body or footer template, you always wonder where to best put it. I think that question of where I should put this code comes up so often in support forums and so much that having a simple solution such as a global template to place them all makes good sense. It makes the xenforo upgrade process more enjoyable so you don't have to worry about reverting those footer templates and re-inserting your custom codes. Just a suggestion.

Oops.. this was meant for the suggestion forum. Can one of the mods move it there please? Thank you.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi Jeremy, what I meant was a template with a hook to PAGE_CONTAINER to hold those extra custom codes / scripts like how we have extra.css for custom css codes. I think people who don't want to do much template editing and have a simpler upgrade process might find this useful. May be it wasn't such a great suggestion. ;)

Hi Jeremy, what I meant was a template with a hook to PAGE_CONTAINER to hold those extra custom codes / scripts like how we have extra.css for custom css codes. I think people who don't want to do much template editing and have a simpler upgrade process might find this useful. May be it wasn't such a great suggestion. ;)
Template hooks are depreciated in the current xenforo software. They now use the template modification system. Which saves you time when updating the style or software.

Top Bottom