1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented One global template for all those custom codes

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Jeffin, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

You know when you use a third party widget or service that requires you to input one common global script in the body or footer template, you always wonder where to best put it. I think that question of where I should put this code comes up so often in support forums and so much that having a simple solution such as a global template to place them all makes good sense. It makes the xenforo upgrade process more enjoyable so you don't have to worry about reverting those footer templates and re-inserting your custom codes. Just a suggestion.

Oops.. this was meant for the suggestion forum. Can one of the mods move it there please? Thank you.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

PAGE_CONTAINER is used by all of XenForo.
    Jeffin likes this.
  3. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

Hi Jeremy, what I meant was a template with a hook to PAGE_CONTAINER to hold those extra custom codes / scripts like how we have extra.css for custom css codes. I think people who don't want to do much template editing and have a simpler upgrade process might find this useful. May be it wasn't such a great suggestion. ;)
  4. Itworx4me

Itworx4me Well-Known Member

Template hooks are depreciated in the current xenforo software. They now use the template modification system. Which saves you time when updating the style or software.
    Jeffin likes this.
  5. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

Ah, I now understand. Sorry, I'm not a very techie guy. :D
  6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Just a note, there is also page_container_js_body and page_container_js_head that c ould be utilized.
  7. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I put all the global js in these, works fine :)