One-click global disabling Social Groups, Calendars, Profile posts, etc.

ShikiSuen

I know XF2 doesn't have Social Groups & Calendars at this moment, but I say them here just in case that they are being brought to later XF versions.

These functions are bringing burdens to me as a sitemaster who has to make sure every content is politically safe or under sitemaster's control.

Maybe also one-click disabling permissions to all members except admin (like Calendar).

P.S.: I completely disabled profile posts on my forum. It took me a pretty lot of time checking privileges for each user group. Sigh.
P.P.S.: Even if there's no political pressures, I am pretty sure that there are still certain amount of sitemasters who want their forums simple.

Upvote 0
Even if calendars and social groups were a part of XF in 2.2 (highly unlikely), it would surely be as a separate addon, like XF RM and XF MG.

Suggestions should be limited to one per thread.

Most, if not all of those already exist as suggestions.

Suggestions should be limited to one per thread.

Most, if not all of those already exist as suggestions.
This is only one suggestion: disabling non-forum-crucial functionalities by single clicks.
Messing up with user permissions per user group really is time wasting and exhausting, unless this can be performed in a batched sh script through XenForo 2 CLI.

Yes I am thinking of disabling profile posts
They don't seem to serve any purpsoe on my forum (general and politial) and its just one more thing to monitor.

Trophies is another one in my sights.
To me as an older guy its a bit childish, and maybe encourages one liner posts just to get a higher score.
Using up my bandwith for no good reason.

Yes I am thinking of disabling profile posts
They don't seem to serve any purpsoe on my forum (general and politial) and its just one more thing to monitor.

Trophies is another one in my sights.
To me as an older guy its a bit childish, and maybe encourages one liner posts just to get a higher score.
Using up my bandwith for no good reason.
I cannot agree with you more, comrade. // I am not old, still.

Top Bottom