Fixed On my mobile, smilies don't insert at the intended location....

:oops::rolleyes:Same for me. I try to insert smileys where the cursor is located, but they always appear in the beginning of the post.

My OS is MIUI 10 (Xiaomi)

I’m trying to get a list of phones and browsers together, but many of my members are reporting this as well.

It’s always when quoting someone.

I can not duplicate it from my iPhone though

I’m trying to get a list of phones and browsers together, but many of my members are reporting this as well.

It’s always when quoting someone.

I can not duplicate it from my iPhone though
  • Samsung Galaxy S10+, Android V10, Chrome V81.0.4044.138
  • Motorola Turbo Droid, Android V6.0.1, Chrome V68.0.3440.91
  • Android, chrome
That’s the device info I have gotten from members so far.

Same here S20

What I tend to find is the smilie will end up anywhere the first time you try to add it, once you delete it and try again it goes into the correct position

Note for the XF guys.... this is happening with the new Giphy inserts as well.

With Chrome on Android if I create a test post of "Test..." and leave the cursor on the same line and then insert a Giphy image then it inserts the image inline where the cursor is but if I create a test post of "Test..." and then hit <enter> so the cursor is on a new line then inserting a Giphy image results in the image appearing at top of the post in front of "Test..." instead of below it.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.0 Beta 3).

Change log:
Fix emojis (and GIFs) not being inserted at the correct location on some mobile devices.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom