Old Video Code Doesn't work on Mobile Theme - Help?:

CritiKiL

This is a simple coding question, not about the addon itself. I want my Forum to show a Livestream visible from any mobile device. It shows up perfectly from a computer-view, except it's 'blank' when viewing from a mobile device. The livestream "would work" if the code was in <iframe></iframe> format, but it only provides the old video html code. Here is the code I need to use:
HTML:
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="300" height="168" id="esports_streams_player_hero" data="https://secure.jtvnw.net/widgets/live_embed_player.swf?channel=callofdutyalpha" bgcolor="#000000">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>
<param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/>
<param name="movie" value="https://secure.jtvnw.net/widgets/live_embed_player.swf"/>
<param name="flashvars" value="hostname=www.twitch.tv&channel=callofdutyalpha&auto_play=true&start_volume=100"/>
</object>
How can I:
  1. Convert this code into <iframe></iframe>?
  2. Make the old code 'viewable' from any mobile device?

what kind of mobile devices is this not working from...(iphone won't play this)

I don't think they offer the live stream in an iframe...just the chat.

what kind of mobile devices is this not working from...(iphone won't play this)

I don't think they offer the live stream in an iframe...just the chat.
Doesn't matter 'which one', I need it to work on them all. And Yes I already know that they do not offer their livestreams in iframe format, but I DO know that there is a work around possible (ex: I used .php on another site and got this same code to work and 'show' from ANY mobile device). But I cannot use .php inside of the Xenforo templates). So I'm asking if there is a conversion anyone "knows any" work arounds here on Xenforo. Believe me, I have already done my homework on this before posting. ;-)

Are you using a bbcode to do this? Is this hard coded to a template?

If you show me the work around I may be able to integrate it for you pending what your workaround involves.

I ask which device because this will never work on a non-jailbroken iphone as far as I know. If you are testing on a device that should playback the video and it doesn't then you have two problems.

No offense EQnoble, but I don't think you can help. You bring up too many variables which do not apply here. Let me see if anyone else knows IF they can convert the "above" code into <iframe></iframe>, or another way that code can show on Any mobile Device inside of wherever I place it, in my Xenforo forum? The fact that you don't see how I'm using html (not BBCode!) means that you are making my request seem more complicated than it really is, and whether a phone is jailbroken or not, is totally irrelevant for what I'm asking for - Thanks ;-)

Re-Explanation:
I did this site (below) using .php and it allows the Livestream channel to play from any mobile device. But I cannot place .php code inside of an area on my XenForo template, that is html. However, <iframe></iframe> DOES work, so I need to simply convert that code into <iframe></iframe>:

IMG_0901[1].webp

No offense EQnoble, but I don't think you can help. You bring up too many variables which do not apply here. Let me see if anyone else knows IF they can convert the "above" code into <iframe></iframe>, or another way that code can show on Any mobile Device inside of wherever I place it, in my Xenforo forum? The fact that you don't see how I'm using html (not BBCode!) means that you are making my request seem more complicated than it really is, and whether a phone is jailbroken or not, is totally irrelevant for what I'm asking for - Thanks ;-)

Re-Explanation:
I did this site (below) using .php and it allows the Livestream channel to play from any mobile device. But I cannot place .php code inside of an area on my XenForo template, that is html. However, <iframe></iframe> DOES work, so I need to simply convert that code into <iframe></iframe>:

Your request IS complicated....if they don't offer a non flash solution you can't do it with out having the assets to do so. End of story. Also you are comparing apples and oranges...you are asking about twitch and showing an example with ustream.

I don't think you can make a page like vidamusica.net using twitch.

Ok I have it working now. I don't think I explained it properly but I was 'just looking to have an <object> code changed to <iframe>', and I would take it from there. My mobile app provides the livestreaming and I wasn't trying to play a video on an iphone. But with the code it would 'show the video' on my forum front page and THEN people could just "click on the play screen image" (which the <iframe>shows out of the code), where it would take them to view the video 'raw' in my app. Thanks anyway guys, I'll take it from here...

twitchtvonmobile01.webp

twitchtvonmobile02.webp

twitchtvonmobile03.webp

Attachments

• twitchtvonmobile01.webp
    twitchtvonmobile01.webp
    54.6 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom