Old Version Upgrade (1.0.4 to current)

NeptunePin

Hi all,

I'm reaching out on behalf of the ownership of the group I work for, so I do not have superadmin access to the XenForo version we're currently using (1.0.4).

We are wanting to find out whether an upgrade to the latest version of XenForo is possible from a technical standpoint.

If it is possible, would there be anything that would break on the upgrade due to the significant version differences?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

Hi all,

I'm reaching out on behalf of the ownership of the group I work for, so I do not have superadmin access to the XenForo version we're currently using (1.0.4).

We are wanting to find out whether an upgrade to the latest version of XenForo is possible from a technical standpoint.
Well it's definitely possible!

I read it here a by XF dev, who tried upgrading of forum from 1.0 to latest version just for fun 😊

If it is possible, would there be anything that would break on the upgrade due to the significant version differences?
The only problem that you can face would be related add-ons otherwise I think everything will be fine.

If you need any help with upgrade you can drop me a dm.

Thanks

Thanks for confirming all. Now that I know it's possible and we won't run into concerns with the payment for the new version immediately getting flushed down the toilet when the move does happen, there was an additional follow-up question I had.

Both of you had mentioned that add-ons and customizations would be broken. We had figured that might happen. However, I wanted to see how seamless it would be to upgrade the ones we do have to the current version.

[FreddysHouse] Two-Factor Authentication
[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Wiki)
[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

We also have a PayPal integration and it is this one we're going to be curious about as it is a revenue generator for our business.

You should ask the license holder to add you as a forum user so you can post in the support forums.

The pre-sales forum is limited to non customers and in general detailed support will not be provided.

XenPorta will upgrade and keep your articles and featured articles settings. You will need to redo the home page portal, since the new widgets are not backwards compatible.
XenCarta should upgrade.

The two factor, can't be upgrade, but Xenforo 2 includes that now.

Thanks for confirming all. Now that I know it's possible and we won't run into concerns with the payment for the new version immediately getting flushed down the toilet when the move does happen, there was an additional follow-up question I had.

Both of you had mentioned that add-ons and customizations would be broken. We had figured that might happen. However, I wanted to see how seamless it would be to upgrade the ones we do have to the current version.

[FreddysHouse] Two-Factor Authentication
[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Wiki)
[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

We also have a PayPal integration and it is this one we're going to be curious about as it is a revenue generator for our business.
Two factor and paypal are built in
You might want to seriously look at @Bob cms feature.
do a search for the wiki one.

Top Bottom