Old thread deny reply

Old thread deny reply [Paid] 1.2

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Old thread deny reply - Disallows replying to old threads.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Disallows replying to old threads.

This add-on performs the same function as locking a thread, but does so dynamically based on the last post date.

(Example...

Read more about this resource...

It feels a bit like the forum is saying "P*** off!" to somebody who has just discovered the thread via Google.

A better implementation might be to offer to let the user start a new thread.

It feels a bit like the forum is saying "P*** off!" to somebody who has just discovered the thread via Google.

A better implementation might be to offer to let the user start a new thread.
That's good idea, instead of displaying plain "Not open for further replies" we should modify it to include a link to start a new thread?

For example, TripAdvisor has the following message: "This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one". That sounds nicer?

What i like is you can reply to the thread but it won't show up in what's new for everyone else.

I like old threads as I like all the information in one place.

Top Bottom