OK, I didn't have @Brogan changing his handle on my bingo card

SMF is fine for a free script... but it lacks a lot of needed functionality in todays age. They also are dependent upon 3rd party developers to extend the script, but they don't have the developers that are willing to build large 3rd party add-ons due to there being no money in it.
But it is strides beyond phpBB and myBB.
Ran it on the pipe site for a bit... got tired of it and decided to play with XF on that domain. Now looking at possibility of moving that domain to another script to play with.
It's my go to if i want to experiment with a free software.
phpbb is too fiddlely
mybb is a load of garbage
phralem is rubbish.
discorse is too expensive
wotilab is xenforo like and works but there is issues.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I propose a drinking game, you drink when Tracy Perry says the word SCRIPT 🤣

🍻
Script covers a lot more territory than a forum software package does as you well know (because we all know that these are not programs).
Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal and many other options out there that can work if one takes the time. That's why I specified script and not forum. I haven't really decided which path to go down to play with (or even if I will). I'm honestly interested in playing with Joomla again to see if it's gotten any better.
Now, if they are willing to take up that game... I got a script that will keep inserting the word script until the script editor is full of the word script.

What else is there to do when you stop helping people for free????? 😂
More time to do this (about 37 hours of time just on data capture not to mention the hours on capture data integration and processing)

53221646183_a7af1ef1d7.jpg

And less headaches doing something that no longer really interests them.
And in the case of a local clinic... laugh about $58,000 more in expenditures to outside services for that clinic while spending more time to do the first line of this response.
I'm retired and old.. and I'm going to enjoy my time here on this ball of mud.

Last edited:
Yet you are STILL HERE.
And will be... as I clearly said, I have no issues posting in the off-topic areas (and getting support in 3rd party add-on areas)... I simply won't be doing any support in the "help my ass out of the fire" areas. My XF licenses are still valid for around a year (for both sites) and my 3rd party add-ons are the same.. and I run more than 1 site on different scripts. Right now I'm sitting outside with the scope, smoking my pipe (and wasting time responding to you) and am another 3 hours of data capture in on that earlier target... and monitoring the conditions for captures since the moon is bright and the target is in close proximity.
I also am using my ticket support for any questions I have instead of posting them in the forum to get frequently empty replies from certain types.
Have come across several posts I could answer.. chose not to.
Meanwhile.. what worthwhile pursuit are you doing with your time, besides sorely failing at trolling?

Last edited:
In fact experimenting is the way to go.
As what @Forsaken is saying, he's finding that IPS is a load of trash.
But also has issues with Xenforo.
I say use another free one to see if it works and just experiment.
It doesn't matter if people tell you it's a load of :poop:
You can always import it back over to xenforo once done.

In fact experimenting is the way to go.
As what @Forsaken is saying, he's finding that IPS is a load of trash.
But also has issues with Xenforo.
I say use another free one to see if it works and just experiment.
It doesn't matter if people tell you it's a load of :poop:
You can always import it back over to xenforo once done.
You need to stop talking to me, because even though it was pointed out that it was sarcasm and a joke, you are missing the whole point of what I posted.

Can anyone explain to me, what do these messages have to do with the title of the thread?
It's all a bit random. If I had more time, I thought about pretending the XF 2.3 editor was a text to meme interface, and then making some memes out of a few of the posts in this thread. Coulda' been hilarious. Coulda'. :unsure:😟

Top Bottom