XF 2.2 og:image

Artonn

I tried sharing a thread today, which has an image. But it seems like facebook does not regonize this image as it is displaying something else. Is this a known issue, am I missing a setting, how can it be fixed?

1693653957413.png

ACP -> Styles -> Your style -> Basic Options

Screen Shot 2023-09-02 at 8.23.28 AM.png

That is what is used by default if you fill it in. XF does NOT use images in the threads you share... you have to take some special steps to do that.. there is at least one add-on and also a guide in the resource area. Both only share the image in the first post.... it's just one of those "little things" that XF developers could improve on and resolve some of that low hanging fruit when it comes to improvements that affect the daily life of an admin and users.
It should really be able to share an image based upon the shared post in a thread.... but if wishes were fishes, we'd never go hungry.

ACP -> Styles -> Your style -> Basic Options

View attachment 290652

That is what is used by default if you fill it in. XF does NOT use images in the threads you share... you have to take some special steps to do that.. there is at least one add-on and also a guide in the resource area. Both only share the image in the first post.... it's just one of those "little things" that XF developers could improve on and resolve some of that low hanging fruit when it comes to improvements that affect the daily life of an admin and users.
It should really be able to share an image based upon the shared post in a thread.... but if wishes were fishes, we'd never go hungry.
It seems like there's a solution to this issue here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/joyfreak-open-graph-image.9046/

Yep... but it takes the first image in the thread.... so if you are in a thread with multiple images, only the first gets applied, no matter if you share a post with another image on it. It works, but it is not the best solution (which is something XF needs to address if possible).
I use an add-on to resolve the base issue myself, as it grants a few more features.

Yep... but it takes the first image in the thread.... so if you are in a thread with multiple images, only the first gets applied, no matter if you share a post with another image on it. It works, but it is not the best solution (which is something XF needs to address if possible).
I use an add-on to resolve the base issue myself, as it grants a few more features.
That looks promising, which settings would you recommend on this addon?

Top Bottom