Add-on og:image for each thread taking first image found on page, if not fallback to a general image/logo

entelechy

I've seen a few people talk about this, I'm also interested.

Using the native og:image creator is good enough. A generic logo being attached to each social share is better than nothing, and it renders well across different platforms. But ideally, taking the main image of a thread (or even selecting from a number of images on the page) would be an enhancement.

This been done yet? Anyone else interested in this..

Hi Fahad - I actually saw you addon a while back, but was concerned by the latest review. Can you confirm that your addon is 100% functional and not experiencing the problem that your previous customer mentioned?

My plugin also does it for you.

It is for XF1.5 but can extend this if there are people looking for something similar.

My plugin also does it for you.

It is for XF1.5 but can extend this if there are people looking for something similar.

Hey @shabbirbhimani, if your plugin would have the functionality I've mentioned above you can count me in a someone who would be interested in the XF2 version.

SEO2 did this (and allowed you to specify an image or URL). Unfortunately, it is no longer available. Xenforo really needs to take content management and SEO seriously and build in basic features like this.

SEO2 did this (and allowed you to specify an image or URL). Unfortunately, it is no longer available. Xenforo really needs to take content management and SEO seriously and build in basic features like this.

Yeah I saw the SEO2 addon, it looked really good.

They should sell it unmaintained, or give to another trusted xf dev to sell for a %. It really looks like a great addon after reading back over it again - lots of solid features. I'd be happy to pay for it.

They should sell it unmaintained, or give to another trusted xf dev to sell for a %. It really looks like a great addon after reading back over it again - lots of solid features. I'd be happy to pay for it.
He tried to find someone competent and able to take it over but was not successful.

If there was an addon that allowed you add meta descriptions and og:image tags to threads individually, it would be joyous. Is there a meta descriptions addon or native way to edit them for threads already?

Top Bottom