1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Talk Like a Pirate Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kunik1962, Sep 19, 2010.

1. kunik1962

kunik1962 Member

Greetings swabbie xenForo addicts. Jus' a friendly reminder, next high tide' (Sept 19th) be th' official International Talk Like a Swashbuckler Tide. So, get ou' yer favorite customs an' let yer inner sea dog ou' fer a spin. Impress th' ladies, or guys o' ye choose wi' yer witty banter.
    Ya lily livered scurvy dog!

pirate004.jpg

2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

My dad takes this day a bit to far, and actually dresses like one -.-.

3. Smokeycheech

Smokeycheech Member

4. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I thought the title said Official Talk Like A Pirate Bay.

5. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Do we get to pillage small coastal villages as well? Could tie it into Halloween .... awesome win right there.

6. Crush

Crush Member

My Avast has been talking like a pirate for 3 days now. It never gets old :)

7. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

I did not know they had an official day for this.

8. Greg

Greg Active Member

They do. It's also one of the chief holidays for adherents of pastafarianism.

9. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

I am going to be a party pooper.

Why do we generally think of pirates of the Caribbean when the word pirate comes up? It is also romanticized quite a bit. The other pirates around the world have a longer history and were just as evil.

10. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

This just proves again that you learn something new everyday. I will have to keep this day in mind for next year and see what I can find happening because of it. :)

11. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

I want to hear someone sound like Murat Reis or Zheng Yi