XF 2.1 Obtain Database Host

Kirby12

Hello

How do I obtain database host url? We run on xenforo currently self hosted, to transfer the database to a new host i need the Database Hose however when accessing the config.php it simply says LocalHost but of course our new hosting platform wont recognise this as it is a differen hosting provider

Where will I direct it to be able to access the database?

Thanks

Hello

How do I obtain database host url? We run on xenforo currently self hosted, to transfer the database to a new host i need the Database Hose however when accessing the config.php it simply says LocalHost but of course our new hosting platform wont recognise this as it is a differen hosting provider

Where will I direct it to be able to access the database?

Thanks
Use the IP of your VPS/server (or domain name) of your current site that you are moving from as the connection point.
You will need to make sure that you have the firewall open to allow connections from your remote host to the mySQL port. You also need to lock down the port for mySQL to the host you are connecting from as you really don't want to leave it wide open for anyone to access.

But honestly.. if you are moving to a new host, simply dump the mySQL database using the correct parameters via mysqldump, copy it and your current home directory (and subdirectories) for your site into an archive file and move that archive file over to your new host, extract the files to the appropriate location(s) and then import the database dump into a new database that you create on your new hosting environment. You can use the same username/password for the DB in most cases, but if you have to change it, you simply change the /src/config.php entries to reflect that change.

Top Bottom