XF 2.1 Observe conversations

webmasterxl

I know, it would be a privacy problem, but is there any way for me as a moderator/administrator to observe conversations between other forum users? I fear that some users will use the conversation function to send spam to others, while the other users would simply leave the forum instead of notifying me as the administrator about the misuse.

I know, it would be a privacy problem, but is there any way for me as a moderator/administrator to observe conversations between other forum users? I fear that some users will use the conversation function to send spam to others, while the other users would simply leave the forum instead of notifying me as the administrator about the misuse.

That function was added by request for a couple of reasons, spam, was one, the other was that conversations are also used for completing transactions between two members on some sites and often and not disputes would arise, so admins needed away to view a conversation in full to help settle any disputes between buyers and sellers.

Top Bottom