Nyx's Nest

Hi there, Let me introduce you to my new nest.

To summerize, I formerly ran the site under BehindTheUnknown.com but with inactivity from actual guild members, and others keeping their distance due to the site branding made it seem like a closed community, hence In the moment I was about to kill it entirely off did I decide Upon claiming the site as my own.

Hence I've made it into my Nest

Picutres.webp

i26^cimgpsh_orig.webpNotice the Postbit here, I've tried to keep it as clean as possible, and manually insert Steam in the bottom, Also I personally think the "Contact" below avatars is absolutely essential seeing it makes it a lot easier to contact people

The layout is based upon PixelExit's Adara Style.
and I've incorporated both @Nobita.Kun 's Teams and @Jaxel 's XenAttendo into the site for the sake of private and public events, where I at a later stage will allow users to Form teams and have their own sub events in their Team page, but the main event page made by Jaxel will be used for the Event's I Personally host.

I might consider adding XenRio but it's a bit overkill for my current use.
seeing I'm more interested in just a simple page, which I've managed to create just fine in a basic page.
for now, if I go for XenRio or I just make my own Xenporta 2 block with some simple PHP script to fit my needs I don't know yet ^_^

I've also recently changed from BD Trophys to the Master badge system.
I don't mind BD Trophys, and still think it's an excellent choice, but I'm interested in seeing what Master Badge got to bring to the table

not to mention I've added better post ratings which since I first saw, have considdered an absolute essential.
upload_2015-4-27_19-39-51.webp

Also I'm using *******s Better nodes Icons, and User banners.
upload_2015-4-27_19-28-39.webp
upload_2015-4-27_19-26-57.webp

I will gladly admit that it took me a while to decide if I should keep his plugins or not, but I honestly will say that even though I don't endorse his previous actions, have I decided to give him a second chance

I am aware the Staff Member CSS is a bit messed up, and doesn't show properly in UserCard, or on the members page.

but beside that, feel free to share your thoughts ^_^

Ps, yes I'm also aware it looks a bit odd on phones right now, the 80% width doesn't seem to like the idea of Cellphones, and won't turn off in responsive.

Me and my mental minions is working on that right now <3

With Love
//Nyx

Notice the Postbit here, I've tried to keep it as clean as possible
I wouldn't say it's as clean as it could be (look at XenForo's really clean posbit ;)), and the red-ish text/line doesn't quite blend with the blue background image, the welcome/register message on footer is almost invisible, at least on desktop computers. Also it lacks some... personal touch :) but overall I enjoyed the visit.

Did you encounter compatibility issues with your various addons and theme working together?

Wishing you all the best with your website (y)

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it's as clean as it could be (look at XenForo's really clean posbit ;)), and the red-ish text/line doesn't quite blend with the blue background image, the welcome/register message on footer is almost invisible, at least on desktop computers. Also it lacks some... personal touch :) but overall I enjoyed the visit.

Did you encounter compatibility issues with your various addons and theme working together?

Wishing you all the best with your website (y)

Well I'd love if you could explain more in depth what you meant by personal touch?

And yeah when it comes to footer though I honestly don't expect people to check the footer it's a part of the xen base template by pixel as with personal touch

Do I have a few ideas in mind but I'd rather focus on content right now

As for clashes with addons you won't believe how many there actually is, I spent a lot of time restyling addons to fit in seemlessly

Not always to 100% perfection but close enough

Also regarding the post bit being clean did I mean with all the additional content included does it not look cluttered :)

what you meant by personal touch
Something more related to your content like come in, let's talk about xyz (the game you play on for instance, or the guild or whatever trendy topic for your forum). The current call to action suggests that they should register when they get the chance, which means later, which translates into never. Get them in while they're here on a topic that brought them there :)

As for clashes with addons you won't believe how many there actually is
Hence the question :D

Something more related to your content like come in, let's talk about xyz (the game you play on for instance, or the guild or whatever trendy topic for your forum). The current call to action suggests that they should register when they get the chance, which means later, which translates into never. Get them in while they're here on a topic that brought them there :)

Hence the question :D

Ahh yeah, as for that, don't worry if you noticed my top post on the frontpage right now, I'm kinda restructuring the entire site, I'll get to the nitty gritty of that once I rule out some of the bigger Issues the site got atm ^_^

right now am I trying to come up with a mobile layout, my biggest Issue is currently @Jaxel 's XenAttendo IT does not scale well on phones, and I'm kinda argueing with myself if I should introduce a new style where I have those 2 blocks on the EventPage completely removed from the actual template code hence it won't show, or what I should do ^_^

I was at the hospital yesterday for my weekly checkup so I'm taking it a bit slow today, but hopefully will I have something a bit better looking ready for mobile during the next couple of days.

I would caution you on using *******s mods since they are banned from here and the recent issues involving those mods.

Also thanks for the heads up, I was following the whole episode on the sidelines, and have been monitoring @******* since, but I for now believe he have corrected his ways, he have taken some big steps since, and until I'm proven wrong have I decided to give him a second chance ( I probably should point out I'm only using 2 of his mods atm, so quickly checking them trough before uploading and installing isn't that big of an effort, but I unfortunately don't trust him enough yet to install a bigger mod seeing it will take too much time for me to manually skim the code trough before installing for it to be worth it for me )

Last edited:
I read something about this but never really understood why he was banned. I heard something about piracy?

a bit of both, he was running a Warez site, and he borrowed code from other plugins which he built into some of his addons without asking, (he have since contacted each person individually)

and he in an ironic attempt to try to prevent people to Pirate His mods, made a backdoor into your installation to check the license of the plugin which eventually lead to a security flaw as well in your Xenforo installation he have since removed that due to user backlash, so you can say it was a bunch of different VERY dum things he did which compiled into a major user backlash, he have changed his ways since, but he needed the slap over the hands

and the community is kinda split between if he should be forgiven, or he should just burn in hell (to put as direct as possible )

I admittedly monitored his actions and checked his code for 3 months before deciding to re-enable the 2 plugins I got of his.

Trust is hard to earn back. Since he only fixed his way after being caught, I would question the legitimacy of his "conversion". On the other hand he is probably so scared of user backlash now that he wouldn't dare do that again. It's hard to say. I don't really know the guy so I can't a very good judgement myself.

I don't need to make a decision of trust. If the powers that be here at Xenforo made their decision then that's good enough for me. I don't need all the details.

Completely understandable, in my case is it rather I haven't found anything better, to replace his plugins and I checked them trough properly before re-enabling them, also I'm not really a walking money tree either (more like a poor student ) so just throwing more money after a feature I already paid for isn't really in my best interest.

On the other hand he is probably so scared of user backlash now that he wouldn't dare do that again. .

Also I'm betting on this to be the case, he have been bowing and scraping since the incident.

Top Bottom